Ebay glitches anyone

Bulk revision ... under format it say NULL ... Never seen that one before ...

Next issue

a buyer bought one item from me and went to buy a second and got a message blocking me from buying and even viewing my items anymore and the message states it is due to restriction about law and such ...

in all my time i have never seen so many strange little thing happening on ebay.... .. . . . . .

I mean with all the issues I want a deal man LOL

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay glitches anyone

Lots of glitches in the past weeks.

Today is Thursday and another weekly maintenance period tonight.  Lately something is broken on Friday morning when ebayers wake up and start to use the system. Then the issues carry on into the weekend and longer and they break the system trying to fix the mistakes from Thursday/Friday.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml

***Scheduled Maintenance For This Week***

February 05, 2014 | 03:51PM PST/PT

The eBay and PayPal systems will be undergoing general maintenance from approximately 22:00 PT (10pm) on Thursday, February 6th to 00:00 PT (12am) on Friday, February 7th. During this maintenance period, certain site features may be intermittently unavailable or slow.

And recently they have been breaking something during the middle of the week like they did with My eBay the past couple of days.

I wonder when it will be less trouble with the constant changes to anything and everything on eBay. Before, there were not so many glaring glitches so often.

Very poor testing of the changes as it seems that the programming analysts do not understand eBay very well and make some silly as well as serious mistakes. A silly mistake like the recent additional shipping charge box when you have a quantity of 1 in the Sell Your Item form. Anyone in their design team who is supposed to understand the eBay system well would know that makes no sense and is a change in the behavior of how the system worked in the past. Not very good before and after testing to compare the results.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ebay glitches anyone

Tried doing an advanced search today just showing listings that were selling using Canadian dollars.

Search failed to work properly, gave me listings available to Canada in any currency.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ebay glitches anyone

I share your opinion regarding very bad testing by eBay's programmers as well as bad monitoring of the status.

My IE practically does not let me enter any page of selling and brings very weird appearance of MY PURCHASING page.

Firefox is working, but has its own problems and limitations...

Takes me ages to create a new listing, even thru SIMILAR LISTING.

I hope someone is reading our concerns and will do something to fix these problems!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ebay glitches anyone

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Very poor testing of the changes as it seems that the programming analysts do not understand eBay very well and make some silly as well as serious mistakes.

I think you've probably hit the nail on the head.  Perhaps they should only hire programmers who have actually been eBay sellers in the past, or give them a load of cheap plastic Chinese widgets to sell for 6 months before being allowed to get their hands on the site's programming.

IMHO what they really need to do is to stop, absolutely halt  all new revisions and additions to this site until they have been able to get eBay working reliably and consistently for a period of time. 

I think we sellers could also do with a brief moratorium on changes for a few weeks to give us time to catch our breath.  What we need is some stability and dependability for a while.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply