Ebay has me on echeck,prob cause I complained about a potential scammer,paypal will let me do instant transfer outside of ebay. Why??

Would be nice if someone would email before they decide to limit someone to a stupid echeck which I refuse to do as I would not of bid on items. Now people want paid and ebay has done this. I was under the impression that paypal is the collector/payor. I just bought items off a web site and made a clear paypal instant bank transfer so I no its not paypal.. Beware people shabby things are going on.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay has me on echeck,prob cause I complained about a potential scammer,paypal will let me do instant transfer outside of ebay. Why??

Hi .. somehow that doesn't ring true and i assume you are surmising .? Paypal has had glitches this months with members complaining about echeque only. Could call @ 1-888-221-1161.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Just made another purchase no problem outside of ebay.! But cant pay for 2 winning bids through instant transfer. Hummm I really don't care what you call it as I have a few words of my own, But if there so called glitchs effect my ability to pay for no reason and then they have the right to call me a non payor after there so called 4-8 days when I could've paid and already had the item as its only 20 miles from me, then they should get out of this practice because it is just wrong. Period...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Not sure what doesn't ring true, or what you think im surmising.? and by the way Once on echeck they wont even talk to you about it so there is no way to fix problem, I no this from experience no surmising there.. The part that really ticks me off is when they are going to echeck someone why not have software that auto emails and informs people, so there aware and would not bid or buy etc so now im stuck on this rock waiting for the ebay / paypal gods to screw me over for no reason once again. By the way im buying off web sites stuff I could be buying on ebay, sorry sellers but need the goods and ebay/paypal cant hold there end of the transaction..  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Let's try to solve the problem rather than wondering what it actually is.

Have you contacted your sellers to let them know what the problem is?

Have you checked to see that the credit card number that PP has on file is accurate, including the expiration date?

Have you tried adding a different credit card, perhaps even a prepaid card, to your PP account?

Since you can pay with PP outside of eBay, you could offer to do this for your eBay purchases. While there are some problems with this, PP has almost as much Buyer Protection on other sites as they do with eBay. If you have trust in your seller, this may solve the problem. All you have to do is use the Send Money tab. Then mark your eBay item as paid, just as you would if you paid cash on pickup.

But contact your sellers so they don't get antsy.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Well now it went from echeck to asking me to add a debit card or credit card, I already have 4 listed and not opening another bank account. I need a special part for a customer and there is only a few available on ebay and non on the open market and this situation is getting worse, I have lost so much time and money because no one will fix this buying issue.. Unreal.

As for telling seller , yes I tried and got no reply so unwillingly I paid it with the echeck yesterday. Now I have to wait for 2 weeks to clear and then when ever the seller decides to ship an item that would of been here 3 days ago. Frustrated just a little. Good thing I did that though cause as of this morning I wouldn't have been able to. 

I don't understand if I cant pay and its not my fault why it can be held against me  as they did in the past. I thought all this garbage would've been fixed years ago. apparently NOT.! I cant justify wasting anymore time with ebay . They have me at a stand still..cant do anything on there site..

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Aw the dawning of a new day, Just payed for goods outside of ebay without a hitch, inside ebay same old glitch. Although im not totally sure that its a glitch. Feel sorry for the sellers as there losing profits and ebay is losing there fees all because they wont fix it or even give me an explaination as to what the crap is going on. Thanks ebay. Found some great sellers out side the ebay world.   

Message 7 of 7
latest reply