Ebay help for sellers is terrible!!!

csb1400
Community Member

Is it just me or the help from Ebay for sellers terrible lately? I am trying to ask a simple question and I feel like I am teaching the helpline how to use Ebay 😞  Plus, I have to repeat myself constantly because the agent is not understanding what I am asking her!

It is VERY frustrating!

Anyone else or is it just a bad day?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

What is your "simple question"?

Experienced sellers may be able to answer it here much faster and more accurately.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I live in Canada but want to work in US dollars. It used to be simple to specify when I was pricing the item in my description (it was even encouraged). I eventually found the currency change option in the site map but it, for some reason, does not stay updated and always goes back to the default CDN dollars. The help desk seemed very unfamiliar with their own site and basically answered my questions with "I don't know why this is not working". 

Do you have any idea? If you do, I hope that Ebay pays you for your service 😉

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

The people that come to these boards  have years, upon years of expertise... with selling... and buying on eBay

That is decades of selling on eBay..

and if they do not have the answer.... they can work through the problem...

and then

we have our Wednesdays ... our weekly chat sessions...

where we ask questions of someone that works for eBay.... Raphael

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

" I hope that Ebay pays you for your service"

No. 

eBay changed the default on the "Sell your item" (SYI3) form several months ago to encourage Canadian sellers to list and sell in Canadian dollars.

According to their analysis, Canadian sellers would benefit from selling in Canadian dollars instead of US$.

In any case, when you get to the SYI form, you can change to the advanced form by clicking on the link (upper right).

This will bring you to the full SYI where you determine of you wish to sell in US$ or Cdn$

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

eBay pays you ....

eBay can not afford our level of expertise... our understanding of eBay.....

Made me chuckle.......

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Here is the link to the announcement by eBay.ca suggesting listing in Canadian dollars:

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2015/08/27/7703/

Some sellers agree, some do not.

Based on my experience, it makes good economical sense to list most items in Canadian dollars (adjusting prices for currency exchange of course).

In my experience, an item listed at US$10.00 will sell as well as the same item listed at Cdn$ 14.00 (and vice versa).  The biggest advantage as a Canadian seller is that when you get paid by the buyer in Cdn$, you do not have to pay PayPal's 2.5% foreign exchange conversion fee (built in the conversion rate paid to you).  If your buyers  are Canadians, they also save that 2.,5% conversion fee.

Good Luck

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I am glad that it made you chuckle. I should have added (said with sarcasm) in my last post 😉

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thanks so much! 

I just found it easier to use US for international sales because most people have a sense of the worth of US currency. PLUS it is really depressing to see how **bleep**py our CDN funds are doing!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

"most people have a sense of the worth of US currency."

When Americans search eBay.com and when overseas buyers search their own eBay sites, they see their local currency equivalent in search result pages, not the Cdn$.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

The discussions on eBay Canada  can be fun and enjoyable at times.... and we can also be very serious... a in a pleasant way

However, on eBay.com ... the recommendation is to be careful... 

I read a lot on eBay.com boards....  and rarely post there ... 

Learn from people's mistakes and problems encountered... and keep the information for future reference...

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

List on com in US dollars.  I have never trusted ca. Things just happen.

Plus? As far as I know, Canada is not a country, we are still an "associated market".

Photobucket
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

If you use 'relist' the currency should stay the same. If you use 'sell similar' it will default to Canadian dollars.

Customer service is often unfamiliar with any 'unique' things on the Canadian site but regardless of which site you are selling on, the discussion boards are often the best source of information.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

You can specify your preferences in either US or CAD$, which you already know.

If you are using an Ebay template or software template, the template will over ride your Ebay preferences.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I would like to add that you must use the Sell Your Item advanced form to be able to listing Can or US $. If you use the simple form, then it only allows Can $.

Top right corner of the SYI form has the option to switch from the Quick Lister to the advanced form.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

@csb1400 wrote:

Is it just me or the help from Ebay for sellers terrible lately? I am trying to ask a simple question and I feel like I am teaching the helpline how to use Ebay 😞  Plus, I have to repeat myself constantly because the agent is not understanding what I am asking her!

It is VERY frustrating!

Anyone else or is it just a bad day?

No, it's not a bad day.Ebay has farmed out their support to some of the most poorly trained, unintelligent and downright rude people that it has ever been my displeasure to speak to.

If you call in an are lucky enough to get one of the US call centers then chances are you are going to have some level of success with your issue. If however you get someone on the phone from one of the call centers in SE Asian ie the Philippines, then you might just as well hang up and save yourself the ulcer.

Last night I discovered yet again, through the routine random checks that I do, that the search system was not returning items in their proper placement. I called in to file a complaint and to get a tech ticket opened hoping maybe by some freak occurrence someone might actually look at the issue and fix it.Sadly my call was routed to the Philippines and the woman on the phone was not only not the least bit knowledgeable but she was rude to the point of being  "female dog"y. Sorry about the cryptic verbiage but the last time I used a barely off color word something bad happened.

All these people are trained to do is say "I fully understand how you feel" and "can I place you on hold for no more than 2 minutes while I look into this" and my all-time favorite "Rest assured we will be taking action on this". Nothing but scripted garbage.

Ebay should be ashamed of themselves, but as I have said numerous times before, Ebay has no shame or integrity anymore!

Message 16 of 16
latest reply