Ebay import charges US to Canada

Hey, I'm trying to buy a guitar valued at $1175 from the United States to Canada. At checkout, Ebay is charging me for the item ($1175), shipping ($63), and import charges ($110), I was just wondering if anyone could confirm that if I pay this amount ($1348), that then I wouldn't have to pay any additional fees when I pick up the item (brokerage fees, taxes, etc...). Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@clarjos_vihzt8d8i wrote:

Hey, I'm trying to buy a guitar valued at $1175 from the United States to Canada. At checkout, Ebay is charging me for the item ($1175), shipping ($63), and import charges ($110), I was just wondering if anyone could confirm that if I pay this amount ($1348), that then I wouldn't have to pay any additional fees when I pick up the item (brokerage fees, taxes, etc...). Thanks

Unless the seller screws up and ships directly to you, instead of through the Global Shipping clearing hub, then that should be your total cost.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

thats's awesome, the GST +PST for my province is 12%, so it looks like I'm saving money with eBay's Golbal Shipping program

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Are the problems with the Global Shipping Program refusing to forward guitars - apparently some sort of misunderstanding about rare woods used in the construction of some instruments- cleared up?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply