Ebay is becoming scarry - crossing ID's on .com and .ca

I add an item to my watch list on .com under 1 ID and it saves it to my other ID on .ca.

This is becoming scarry that Id's can be coseed on .com and .ca and makes me wonder about ebay security.

if any of the pnks or blues are reading, please look into this serious problem

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@dutchman48 wrote:

I add an item to my watch list on .com under 1 ID and it saves it to my other ID on .ca.

This is becoming scarry that Id's can be coseed on .com and .ca and makes me wonder about ebay security.

if any of the pnks or blues are reading, please look into this serious problem

Hi dutchman48,

This is news to us... would you mind sending an email with an outline of the steps you're taking? ie, signed into account 1, item number being saved, item appearing on account 2.

I've just tried this & it seems to be functioning properly. If you'd be able to send info my way, that'd be great.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Kalvin

Thank you for the reply but it has already gone away. Just another glitch because the teckies are doing too much playing. As I said, makes me wonder how safe the site really is.

John

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kalvin, see what I mean!  It is not just me, it is happening for about 3-4 weeks now!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you are signed into both accounts your .com and .ca at the same time, eBay will unknowingly switch back and forth between the two. To stay with only one site, either the .com or the .ca you must sign out of the other site. Happens to me all the time if I am not careful.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply