Ebay is trying to cheat their sellers as usual.

What happened 2 weeks ago that the estimated arrival dates for international shipping suddenly changed and became completely unrealistic?

Since when do weekends count in their delivery estimate? That's a complete joke.

I have had 4 late strikes in 2 weeks for parcels that arrived 10, 11, and 11 business days from Canada to France, Brazil, etc. because of them counting weekends in their estimate. So I get a strike for arriving in 10 business days instead of 10 days. That is just wrong and as badly as I would like to call customer service, it would not amount to anything because they are useless and clueless. I've had enough time wasted talking to them in the past.

I know everyone will recommend to adjust my handling day more than 1 day but I always ship the next day, and I am not going to adjust 800 listings which would take hours.

This is another Ebay scam to rip off the people that make them profit in order to come up with an excuse to take away the top seller discount and I find it insulting and pathetic. Shame on EBAY. Especially at Christmas.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ebay is trying to cheat their sellers as usual.

Not to defend eBay, because there has been lively discussion of just this point on the Seller Board recently, but the postal system may not deliver on weekends normally, but they do continue to work through the weekends.

And there have been reports here of Saturday and Sunday deliveries by Canada  Post during the holiday period when it has been the practice to add subcontracted staff to deal with higher levels of mail.

I notice both your complaints deal with overseas sales. Can you adjust your shipping just for those customers? I've never tried so I don't know.

Also, most of us did a lot of adjusting this year for the currency switchover. Because the Transition Tool was garbage, I found it easiest to do a daily change of the dozen or so listings that were closing that day. (My items are mostly GTC and FP, so I don't do much with them once posted.)

Would that be a strategy for your 800 listings?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@ryan.oneill wrote:

What happened 2 weeks ago that the estimated arrival dates for international shipping suddenly changed and became completely unrealistic?

Are you referring to eBay ignoring the Xmas and New Year holidays in their shipping estimates?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No, I'm talking about a parcel from Canada to France bought on Dec 7, shipped on Dec 8, and they have the arrival date as Dec 13 - 19.

That is complete nonsense as it works out to expected arrival being 3 - 7 business days. That is not going to happen, ever and I'm having buyers getting items quick and safe but still answering no to the feedback question if their item arrived during these ludicrous dates.

These expected delivery dates have been fine until 2 or 3 weeks ago and suddenly they have been turned into these types of lies as above.

I have shipped at least 100 items internationally this year and no late strikes. In the last 2-3 weeks I have 4 late strikes because suddenly the expected delivery date has become a joke. What happened, why did the dates suddenly change, and who do I yell at about what has happened?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it has to do with your buyers clicked "No" when it asked did the item arrived on time, that is where you have the problems.  It is pity that eBay would ask that question to the buyers and the buyers don't realize that eBay would penalize us sellers in that area when they clicked NO and it even may be NO even if arrived on time.  It is sad that eBay continues to find ways to penalize us in many ways.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'm not totally sure of this, but I was under the impression that our international sales did not impinge on TRS status?

If they don't, is US considered 'international'?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I'm not totally sure of this, but I was under the impression that our international sales did not impinge on TRS status?

If they don't, is US considered 'international'?

US trs is only affected by US sales.  Global trs status is affected by by all sales, including the US.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply