Ebay really needs the option to block sellers in your search results

anycolorilike
Community Member

I am trying to browse through artworks section on ebay.ca alone and there are about 4 sellers who flood the listings with a new listing - it seems like every 5 minutes. Sometimes a whole page of search results is that one seller. I have looked it up and I can block one of these by using the exclude sellers option in advanced search but there is a few of them. I find myself sick of wading through these to look for something I might be interested in.

I am going to call ebay support to ask for this feature. I hope others who feel this way might do the same.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I hear you, It'd be great to have more control over which listings you get to view. Only thing I can really suggest is hopefully all their auctions have the same start price so maybe you can eliminate them by choosing a price window in your advanced search that excludes what they have listed.

I don't get why they do it either unless they are just using up their monthly free listings or somthing.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Also I just looked in advanced search there is the option to eliminate key words (I have never used it) so if they use the same phrase in listings maybe you can eliminate them by blocking specific words.

I'm gonna try it in the jewelry section i hate wading through all the cheap crystal stuff. lol thanks for the inspiration to find a solution.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

There is a way to exclude sellers on both eBay.ca and eBay.com

Once you have gotten to a category... or to a series of listings in your search ...

On eBay.ca .....click on Seller in the left navigation column and then either include or exclude  the ID or ID's  that you want to exclude.

on eBay.com ... This option is under Special Attributes in the left navigation column... then click on Seller  and proceed the same as you would on eBay.ca

Exclude the seller or sellers whose listings you do not want to view....

If you find a "special" seller... then you have an option to include only that seller's listings in your search...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It often helps to change your Search to "Highest Price First" rather than the default Best Match or choosing Lowest Price First.

It is often faster to skim down to an acceptable price point than to wade through hundreds of trash listings.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

anycolorilike
Community Member

Thanks for posting! You are right. I didn't notice that you could "Separate names by a comma or a space" to do multiple sellers. I thought you could only block one this way.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

anycolorilike
Community Member

My last post was in response to cumos55's comment but I guess the way this forum works my post just went to the bottom.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I like the idea from femmefan1946 as well.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It's amazing how, with all the contortions ebay has gone through supposedly to try and make search work better, they have nearly succeeded in making it completely dysfunctional in some cases, depending on the category..

At least when there were featured listings options, for $20 a seller with a quality product had a possibility of standing out from the crowd.

The way it is now, anyone can put up 5 cent listings like there's no tomorrow and clog the entire system.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I see in these answers how you can block sellers but need to reenter their names for every search, but we need a way to block a seller for ever for everyone of our searches when it is one that we bought something from that never came and they never paid us back.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply