Ebay removed listings - please read !

antoine-watteau
Community Member
Ebay removed 14 of my listings, they thought someone else did the listings (identity theft or whatever). This happend on the 10c listing day at 9.00 pm. I was lucky to see that before the 10c day was over and listed the items again, after I waited for ebay's email about a new password and the account setup. I believe that ebay does not care, they just delete the listings for good and there is no chance to get them back online. They don't try to call you or email you, this could take to long I assume, so they just delete the listings (maybe they have a bulk deleting tool for that !). Yes, I am mad ! So if you don't have the items in your turbolister anymore, you can type the description and everything else back in (this happend to me !). And you guys know how long this can take if you have 14 different items. And then you still don't know if ebay deletes the second listings again, well you should know there are so many people working there and one does not know what the other one is doing....

This is the second time now, they deleted a high priced item a few months ago, same reason. I had an online chat with ebay and the guy told me I had security clearance. But someone (ebay-)else just deleted it. I relisted and the item title was not there anymore, no chance to change it, because someone else placed a bid on it already. Ebay, of course, could't change anything. They said I can relist (the 3. time ! WOW !), but they will refund me the first time only.

Anyway, I am very mad about ebay, they just respond with some automated emails, that's it. I had all the work, I am still mad and if I would tread my customers the same way ebay treads me I would be out of business.

I am sure they will send me an email and an excuse, but this does not help me or other sellers in a time with more and more online fraud every day. They just don't know who is the good and who is the bad guy. Well, it's time to find a smart solution for that !
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay is too automated for its own good. All PowerSellers should have a number for phone support. I'm sick and tired of getting the same formula e-mail reply to different questions I ask (but I guess it reads the keywords the same way or something). Quite ridiculous.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

imagi.nation
Community Member
I am in the rare position of being able to report that eBay did call me once to report why they removed one of my listings. The listing was for poker simulation software and there was no mention in the End User Licence Agreement that the software could not be resold, so I listed it on eBay. Within 48 hours the listing was pulled due to a report from the publisher of the software. About 24 hours after it was pulled I got a call from an eBay rep who explained the VeRO program and how eBay cannot refuse to take down a listing when a publisher reports it to them and blah blah blah.

I'm not certain what the criteria is for getting someone from eBay to call you but there you go, it does seem to happen from time to time.

This pulling of listings due to "identity theft" reasons sounds unusual to me. Usually someone has to report a listing for eBay to take notice of anything. You might have some competitors that are messing with you.

Cheers,
Ernie.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply