Ebays new Deficit rating system is already starting to

nan*55
Community Member

I had a buyer file a item not received, I promptly refunded. 2 days later it arrived and she repaid.

I got a deficit for doing the right thing?

It takes a lot to rile me up, I normally go with the flow and move on. But this one is making me very angry!!!!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Phone. I did that yesterday and it went unexpectedly well.

Maybe I got lucky. Maybe, it was just a mesh of good attitudes. I got a neutral removed in what was ultimately seconds. The whole conversation was totally different from anything I had experienced before.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I tried calling. Didn't work for me 😞

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

There is talk that there will be changes to the defect system before it officially starts in August. Hopefully that is true and that situations like this will be one of the changes.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I had buyer opened case asking tracking number after 40+ days item sold, I refunded fully within a day. What left to me:

1. Lost item
  2. Lost shipping fee
  3. A defect

I am pretty sure if I didn’t pay back to buyer, issue will be escalated to Customer Support, finally money will be withdrawn from my credit card. Then I would have a percentage (%) on the ‘Closed case without seller resolution’, easily lose the Top-rated seller title.

Other sellers may say let it be business expenses and move on. But why ?

I had buyer gave me unreasonable low DSR, I sent comment to eBay Support. eBay Support replied they received my complain, and will review it. However nothing happened, not a surprise. What left to me:

1. A defect

Other seller may suggest ‘call eBay’. eBay is an international Big company, it would be nice if eBay can provide different language Customer Support in different countries.

Hope eBay will have a better design on the defect system, give sellers a better and more reasonable environment to sell, especially small seller, like me.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually ebay SHOULD NOT invent  this insane policy for defect at all in the first place!!

We as sellers DO NOT NEED any more grief that caused by eBay in the first place!!  PERIOD!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thats alright I have 8 defects for Item not received all from US buyers whom all of which ended up receiving there item with 1--3 days of asking for tracking and opening the case ....

Some of the things like this is what make me happy to be on my way out ... It is just absurd that we can get scorn for buyers not knowing how to just message a seller..

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The exact same thing happened to me, Nan. I refunded immediately. The next day he said it arrived and wanted to repay, which he did. I get a defect. It's stupid. 

And another thing. Why have your 2 posts and the one by mr.elmwood been edited by a moderator?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply