Ended Buy-it-now lots sold/unsold status

When an Auction lot finishes it's easy to identify if the lot sold or not by the Bids column. Unsold has 0 bids. 

The Buy-it-now (B-I-N) lots do not appear to offer the same level of information and its unclear whether the lot sold/de-listed/re-listed under a new transaction ID. 

Can anyone advise if there is a way to determine if a B-I-N lot actually sold? It's useful to understand what real buyers are buying as opposed to unsold B-I-N lots ending and being re-listed automatically or a few days later listed manually by the seller. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re:Ended Buy-it-now lots sold/unsold status

If you are the seller you get the information on your buyer.

If you are an underbidder, you will get an email that tells you when you are outbid.

If you didn't bid, there is no reason for eBay to use up valuable server space to post information they have no reason to believe you are interested in.

Bid. Bid your maximum(don't forget to allow for shipping costs). Bid once. If your bid is too low, you will lose. If you bid more than anyone else, you will win. And not necessarily at your maximum.

It's not rocket surgery.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re:Ended Buy-it-now lots sold/unsold status

Ena Sharples used to sit in the Rovers Return in Coronation Street with a bottle of stout purchased at a fixed price. That was a buy-it-now transaction and the reason that Minnie Caldwell was also interested in the cost of Ena's stout was to ensure that she did not overpay when she went to the bar to buy her stout. Same principle applies here. If an eBay b-i-n transaction finishes unsold then it should be identified to other viewers as unsold - just the same as an unsold auction ends with viewers seeing zero bids on the listing. That's not rocket science, just common sense.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply