Exclusion List

I have exclusion list for all locations except North America.

Today had one sale with buyer from Pakistan.

Double checked my listing and it stated  - Exclude these locations: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America.

Had to cancel sale!

Couple of days ago somebody from Norway made a bid, I shipped their order, but something is not right.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Exclusion List

If one has recently made changes to the exclusion list....

One must click  the equivalent of ... Apply to All listings on eBay.

I once changed my exclusion list but forgot to ....Apply ...  the change to all listings on eBay .

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Exclusion List

Is this for 321795383228 ?

That listing does NOT show the exclusions.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

You seem to have those exclusion on some of your listings but not all of them. For example, on the Lancome listing that sold today I don't see any exclusions although your only shipping locations are the U.S. and Canada.

Do you have the following box checked off in your preferences?  "block buyers with primary shipping address in a country I don't ship to"

The way that I've always understood it,  checking off that box and listing where you ship to should be enough. But I don't know if it is still working that way.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

Yes if that buyer block is ticked off that listing shouldn't be able to be bought from an address outside canada and USA.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

I looked at about 8 listings. Four had exclusions and four did not. Is it supposed to be like that?

Photobucket
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

If one has recently made changes to the exclusion list....

One must click  the equivalent of ... Apply to All listings on eBay.

I once changed my exclusion list but forgot to ....Apply ...  the change to all listings on eBay .

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

Where is this option located? Apply ...  the change to all listings on eBay.

When I relisted it shows:

Exclude shipping locations

Exclude these locations: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America

Make sure you specify a shipping service for Australia, United Kingdom and United States - otherwise, your listing won't show up in search results on those sites. 

I really don't understand how it possible to buy from Pakistan 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

It was eBay item number:

Item location: ON, Canada
Shipping to: Canada, United States

Excludes: New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Guadeloupe, Marshall Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Gambia, Malaysia, Mayotte, Taiwan, Poland, Suriname, Oman, Kenya, United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Middle East, Guinea-Bissau, Togo, Senegal, Armenia, Bhutan, Uzbekistan, Ireland, Qatar, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Burundi, Slovakia, Iraq, Equatorial Guinea, Slovenia, Thailand, Aruba, American Samoa, Iceland, Macedonia, Liechtenstein, Israel, Kuwait, Algeria, Benin, Russian Federation, Oceania, Antigua and Barbuda, Swaziland, Pakistan, Tanzania, Ukraine, Singapore, Burkina Faso, Panama, Jersey, Kyrgyzstan, Reunion, Djibouti, Chile, Puerto Rico, China, Mali, Croatia, Republic of, Botswana, Cambodia, Portugal, Indonesia, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Paraguay, Cayman Islands, Saint Helena, Cyprus, Rwanda, Seychelles, Australia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Gabon Republic, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Kiribati, Turkmenistan, Greece, Grenada, Haiti, Yemen, Afghanistan, Montenegro, Africa, Mongolia, Nepal, Bahrain, Bahamas, Asia, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Dominica, Hungary, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Angola, South America, Southeast Asia, Western Samoa, Mozambique, Namibia, Peru, Central America and Caribbean, Guatemala, Denmark, Solomon Islands, Sierra Leone, Nauru, French Guiana, Anguilla, El Salvador, Guam, Micronesia, Dominican Republic, Cameroon, Guyana, Azerbaijan Republic, Macau, Georgia, Tonga, New Caledonia, San Marino, Eritrea, Morocco, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belarus, Mauritania, Belize, Philippines, Uruguay, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Western Sahara, Congo, Republic of the, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Spain, Estonia, Montserrat, Korea, South, Zambia, Somalia, Vanuatu, Ecuador, Albania, Guernsey, Ethiopia, Laos, Niger, Venezuela, Ghana, Cape Verde Islands, Moldova, Martinique, Madagascar, Lebanon, Liberia, Maldives, Bolivia, Gibraltar, Libya, Hong Kong, Central African Republic, Lesotho, Nigeria, Saint Lucia, Mauritius, Guinea, Jordan, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Chad, Andorra, Romania, Costa Rica, India, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Netherlands Antilles, Japan, Lithuania, Trinidad and Tobago, Palau, Malawi, Nicaragua, Tunisia, Uganda, Brazil, Turkey, Barbados, Tuvalu, Jamaica, Latvia, Egypt, Niue, Brunei Darussalam, Honduras, South Africa, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

Well... Pakistan is right there on the list of exclusions. 

To the best of my knowledge, there are two places you have to exclude buyers: one being the ship-to like you've noted above and the other is an auto-block to 'buyers whose primary address is in a country I don't ship to' and this should have you covered. Maybe the person lives in one country but has an alternate address in another and it slipped between the cracks.

Regardless, you have two choices now and both involve contacting ebay Customer Service. If you can demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt that this buyer should never have been allowed to buy from you due to your blocks and this was some kind of weird technical glitch, cancel the transaction citing that there is something wrong with the buyer's address. You may or may not get a defect from this which you may or may not be able to challenge. Explain with apologies that there was a mistake to the buyer. 

Or you can ship it and take your chances.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

Not sure if you already mentioned this but perhaps the buyer has a Canadian or U.S. address that he wants the item sent to.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

Excluding places doesn't work half the time. I just had someone in Norway win an auction last week, I had other bidders in other exluded countries on a couple items. I always get PO Box buyers too.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

@prarie_nerd wrote:
Excluding places doesn't work half the time. I just had someone in Norway win an auction last week, I had other bidders in other exluded countries on a couple items. I always get PO Box buyers too.

I imagine "half" is a bit of an exaggeration but I can explain how it happens most of the time.

Buyer is registered in a country you don't ship to but they have a primary shipping address in a country you do ship to. They will not be blocked and when they send payment they can change their shipping address to their local address.

US Sellers can also block "non-US" PayPal accounts which will eliminate most of these situations if they only ship within the USA. That option doesn't really work for Canadian sellers because it would also block Canadian buyers or buyers in countries you do ship to. Well they might not be blocked from buying but they would have trouble paying.

I'm curious, why do you want to block PO Boxes? You are eliminating MILLIONS of potential buyers in both the US and Canada who don't have any choice but to use a PO box for mail delivery.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Exclusion List

That's probably because the majority of your items show shipping to Norway.

Why would you not want to ship to Norway or to P.O Boxes?

I'm curious how you are able to ship Tracked Packet International for just $27?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply