Expanded Seller Protection

stittsville11
Community Member
I have been enrolled in the Paypal Expanded Power Seller Protection since March 2008. I have read the terms and thought I understood them. I have confirmed I am still enrolled in the program. In the last week, I have received 3 payments with unconfirmed addresses. In each case, the Paypal transaction details page reads "Partial Eligible". When you click on that it says, the transaction is protected if I provided proof of delivery but not for unauthorized payments.

Have I missed a change somewhere? Why are these transactions not covered by the Expanded Power Seller protection? My understanding was that addresses did not need to be confirmed with this program. What am I missing?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

stittsville11
Community Member
Duh! I just say the other matching thread. Excuse my oversight!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What seller protection?
Days after a payment has been received marked "Eligible", PayPal has pulled the funds under the excuse of "under investigation". This is the third time it has happened in the past month. 1st purchaser was unreachable, 2nd purchaser said she had NOTHING to do with it and paid me again, the third purchaser thinks there might not have been enough money in her account to cover the purchase.

I am sorry, I am very frustrated by all this. How long is this injustice going to prevail before someone puts a stop to this?
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

By the way, PayPal did not even offer an explanation.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

wickedwidgets
Community Member
lol Yeah I don't think there is any seller protection either for eBay or Paypal. Buyers are just indestructible entities. They just expect you to bend over for them no matter what.

Sorry about the negative comment. I know I'm still very new and constantly learning but I've already experienced first hand about 4 times in the past month or so and mostly because of Canada Post. And once because of a newly registered eBay buyer.
Good luck,
Stan
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ecbluestar
Community Member
I am going to add to this, no seller protection, on top of that they revers payment without any explanation or due to security reason they can't provide reversal details!!!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well in our case we had a positive experience with the Seller Protection Policy. The other day we just had a buyer claim UAT (Unauthorized Transaction) after 30 days.

Buyer claimed that it was her 11yr old daughter that got a hold of her credit card went on ebay and created an account,and then proceeded to go and shopping just for fun.

I called PP and the PP rep was very helpful - she looked over the details of the transaction and within 2minutes time the funds were added back to our account.

I must admit, I was expecting bad news regarding this matter given that the buyer was claiming unauthorized transaction - I thought for sure we would take a hit on this one.

Regards

TIM @ FTL
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I just had the same thing.

Phoned Paypal within 2 minutes I had my money back.

Paypal has been great, because this has happened twice this month.:-x
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

sunnyvoip
Community Member
That's the point. As I said, the "Expanded Protection" is "No protection". "Partial Eligible" = "NO PROTECTION" if you ship an item to unauthorized payments. Those bad buyers use "unauthorized payments" through their bank and credit card company simply by making a phone call. They Paypal will reverse the payment WITHOUT any explanation to you (the seller). It's real story happened to me.

ONLY the bad buyer is stupid enough to use "not received" as reason on a parcel with delivery confirmation, then you'll be covered by the "protection". In this case, they can still use other reason "not as described" , and then send you a blank box to get the money back while keeping the item easily.

All in all, I'm very disappointed on both ebay and paypal, and I don't think they're going to do anything to improve the situation.

>
> Have I missed a change somewhere? Why are these transactions not covered by the Expanded Power Seller protection? My understanding was that addresses did not need to be confirmed with this program. What am I missing?
latest reply