Expedited USA question

Do I have to go to the post office after I printed out the label?. Can I just drop it in the red mailbox?.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Expedited USA question

I've put them in the mailbox but if it is an expensive item, I like to go to the post office so that I know there is an acceptance scan.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As long as it fits, it goes in the box.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I always go to the Post Office. But I have to say I'm lucky, because there is a Postal Outlet in the building next to where I work. So I drop my packages there during the lunchbreak.

But if I couldn't do that, I guess I would do as PJ said: drop the inexpensive items in the mailbox and bring the expensive ones at the Postal Outlet.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I thought it was not allowed because it says on the shipping label that I printed NOT to drop it in the box and go to the post office. I wondered what was the point of online shipping if you had to go to the post office.

So if there is no issue here, that is what I will do. Thanks!.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

"what was the point of online shipping if you had to go to the post office."

saving money

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I always go to the post office too but don't have to stand in the line up there - they now know me well enough I can just quickly drop it off on a side counter as I say hi and make eye contact with a postie. It's often being scanned as I go out the door. I save a lot of time getting everything else handled at home and, as Pierre points out, there is the discount too. 🙂

Message 7 of 7
latest reply