False Shipping Dates

mianke57
Community Member

Why does eBay allow blatantly false shipping dates to be entered by the shipper?  

I purchased something last night, paid for it and as soon as I did, it showed the product as being shipped.  Seriously???  Shipped at 11:45 EST??  Bull**bleep**!  Is this so the shipper gets good ratings for fast shipping?  I've had instances where the product wasn't shipped for FOUR days (based on postage stamp) after it said it was shipped.  This is a joke!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

False Shipping Dates

If the seller bought the shipping via PayPal then eBay automatically marks the item as shipped.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

False Shipping Dates

Most likely the seller just packaged it .. Like stated paypal label will mark it shipped right away or if you like me I ship lettermail and mark everything shipped the day it is prepped which is sometimes the same day as shipped but mostly it goes out the day after ..

Once i create my labels I mark as shipped so I do not mistakenly prep the item twice ...

if your so worried about it ask the seller .. I personally send out messages the day it shipped too but if you were to sell on ebay you could see the reasons why it might be marked shipped a day early ...

Like me I work another job so I will prep items at 1,2,3 am  and mark them shipped and the next morning on the way to work drop them in the red box.

I wouldn't stress too much about it as a buyer you can get away with alot worse then that on ebay

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

False Shipping Dates

I mark my items as shipped once they are packaged and waiting for Canada Post to collect them. Canada Post only picks up once a day around 5pm 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply