False advertising on Ebay

aqyera
Community Member

Lately I had bad luck with Chinese trinkets, half of them did not show up, the delivery rate used to be much better before, right ? I had to neg some because they did not even bother replying to my email or this last one ...

Did you notice how Chinese sellers make claims what percentage shipments is delivered by what day? It's pretty neat until they have to live-up to their claim. One fella advertises 100% delivery to Canada by calendar day 30, refund on day 40. I inform him on day 42 the 3 items are still not here and I will pay him back when they arrive and he gives me two paragraphs of excuses and please wait longer. It's only $5.11, but why make such guarantees if you are not going to follow through? Why Ebay needs million Chinese sellers selling same items, would not it be better for Ebay reputation to send 99% of them packing at first crookidness ? If someone makes written guarantee and then denies it in Ebay message, there is no jury needed, should be automatic fail.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I ordered an item from  China 30 days ago,have not received it yet,although I have had great experience buying from China but I will wait till day 40 ,will then contact the seller for a refund,if the refund does not show by day 41,I'll claim it right away so at least it is filed within "45 day rule". 

I have no animosity toward the seller and claiming INR is just to protect myself,if the item arrives later on,I'll gladly pay the seller.

I highly recommend to all buyers to do the same.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

EBay accepts the listings because people (like you, eh?) like them and buy from them.

In this specific case, ignore the seller's excuses and start the dispute.

Get your refund. You are ethical enough to know that if/when the item arrives, you will be refunding the refund. You can't have the widget and the money. Just not right.

While vanishingly rare, postal losses do happen. And there are pirates in the South China Sea. Seriously, I once lost a container of cast iron benches to pirates! There was a Coast Guard report and everything.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You have had the most interesting experiences, femme.  I'd love to spend the evening chatting with you. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes, jt-libra I agree - can I join you and femme for tea & crumpets?......no, better still a few bevvys of our choice and we can all sit around and laugh about the amounts of posts re GSP .

Martini.jpg

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

From one limey to another, why would you find people's annoyance at  GSP that funny?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I don't find it funny at all - it's that "Limey" sense of sarcastic, warped sense of humour!  I've posted my feelings about the ridiculous GSP and that I won't purchase anything with it.  But, as you can see, that's all the posts are about these days and although I totally agree.....I want to read something else.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

aqyera
Community Member

If you order a pizza from place that claims "Delivered under in 30min or it's free", do you take them on the offer ?

If an Ebay seller advertises a delivery in 40 days or refund, do you take them on the offer and keep the refund if item eventually shows up ? Refund is rightfully yours according to the sale, but it was not given voluntarily.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply