February 12th, 2014 Weekly Board Hour

Another week, another Board Hour! Posts your questions now - we'll be here at 1pm Eastern.

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Kalvin,

Has any progress been made regarding the glitch with combined shipping, shopping carts and U.S. buyers?

Also is there a glitch in which buyers are blocked for too many unpaid item disputes when they actually have none?

A U.S. buyer contacted me the other day because he couldn't bid on my auctions and said he had no UI strikes in the past 12 months.  He had already received FB from 27 different sellers this month alone, many with multiple purchases.  I added him to my BB exemption list, he bid and won 5 items within the past 2 days and paid this morning.  I know that it is possible that he does have strikes.  However the fact that most sellers block buyers with UI strkes and considering the vast number of sellers from whom he has recently purchased makes me wonder if there is yet another glitch. 

This buyer also could not use the BIN without immediate payment, which I do not require and could not use the shopping cart.  I had to reluctantly explain to him that some of these were glitches.  I also asked him to contact me for a revised invoice which he did.  He said that other sellers had lost his business because he could not bid and they did not reply when he contacted them.  (Which could also mean that he has been blocked.)

I would appreciate it if you could look into it for me.  I have temporarily changed my preferences regarding blocked buyers.

Thank you.

Woman Happy

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@westernstargifts wrote:

Hi Kalvin,

Has any progress been made regarding the glitch with combined shipping, shopping carts and U.S. buyers?

Also is there a glitch in which buyers are blocked for too many unpaid item disputes when they actually have none?

A U.S. buyer contacted me the other day because he couldn't bid on my auctions and said he had no UI strikes in the past 12 months.  He had already received FB from 27 different sellers this month alone, many with multiple purchases.  I added him to my BB exemption list, he bid and won 5 items within the past 2 days and paid this morning.  I know that it is possible that he does have strikes.  However the fact that most sellers block buyers with UI strkes and considering the vast number of sellers from whom he has recently purchased makes me wonder if there is yet another glitch. 

This buyer also could not use the BIN without immediate payment, which I do not require and could not use the shopping cart.  I had to reluctantly explain to him that some of these were glitches.  I also asked him to contact me for a revised invoice which he did.  He said that other sellers had lost his business because he could not bid and they did not reply when he contacted them.  (Which could also mean that he has been blocked.)

I would appreciate it if you could look into it for me.  I have temporarily changed my preferences regarding blocked buyers.

Thank you.

Woman Happy

Hi westernstargifts,

There's no update on the combined shipping issue yet. We're hoping to get it fixed as soon as possible.

The UPI strikes one is new - would you mind dropping me an email with the Buyer's User ID as well as the Item Number in question please? I'd also like to try & replicate their other issue to see if we can figure out what's going on.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Message sent.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply