Fee reversal refund charged for an item buyer did not after paying for it.

I know, I should have sent out a mutual cancellation but I thought a full refund did not require doing that. Or was it something else?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have 45 days to send the Mutual Cancellation. Most buyers prefer to have the refund before they will agree to the MC.

Unless you file the MC eBay does not know that the transaction was refunded and ended. Actually it is still live and technically your buyer could pay again and claim the item.

Send a polite note to your customer letting him know that you will be sending the request for Mutual Cancellation and asking him to agree to it. Let him know that this is the final step in ending any obligation the original transaction put him under.Thank him for his cooperation.

He can agree and it ends promptly. Or he can ignore and it ends slowly. Either way you get your fees back.

Both can now leave appropriately stroking feedback.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You have 45 days to send the Mutual Cancellation. Most buyers prefer to have the refund before they will agree to the MC.

Unless you file the MC eBay does not know that the transaction was refunded and ended. Actually it is still live and technically your buyer could pay again and claim the item.

Send a polite note to your customer letting him know that you will be sending the request for Mutual Cancellation and asking him to agree to it. Let him know that this is the final step in ending any obligation the original transaction put him under.Thank him for his cooperation.

He can agree and it ends promptly. Or he can ignore and it ends slowly. Either way you get your fees back.

Both can now leave appropriately stroking feedback.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for letting me know that it will be repaid sooner or later.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply