Fees

Hi everyone
I have just joined eBay but can someone explain the $1.00 transaction from my credit card as I thought setting up was free? Not that it's a big deal but I want to understand any hidden fees. Thanks heaps, Jackie
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fees

It's charged to confirm your identity. When you complete your registration the money will be returned.

BTW, back your Paypal account from your credit card. PP doesn't talk about this much, because they hate being second-guessed, but the cc gives you a second layer of Buyer Protection in case something goes wrong. Which is rare, but does happen.

Any other questions? This is a member to member board and many of us are busybodies with no lives. Woman Very Happy

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Fees

It's charged to confirm your identity. When you complete your registration the money will be returned.

BTW, back your Paypal account from your credit card. PP doesn't talk about this much, because they hate being second-guessed, but the cc gives you a second layer of Buyer Protection in case something goes wrong. Which is rare, but does happen.

Any other questions? This is a member to member board and many of us are busybodies with no lives. Woman Very Happy

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Fees

To femmefan1946, thanks for your info. As I've just end started on eBay there is a lot to absorb and try to understand how it all works. Really appreciate the feedback...cheers from sheltie_love123
Message 3 of 3
latest reply