Final Value Fees on Shipping

Hi there,

Anyone know why I am paying "final value fees on shipping" ? I do not ship anything through EBay/Paypal. Fees just seem to be neverending....thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

scifan57
Community Member
eBay now charges a final value fee on shipping,no matter what method is used to ship the item. Here is the scale of final value fees,including final value fees on shipping. 1) for auction style listings. 2)for fixed price listings. Here is the final value fees page.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

scifan57
Community Member
eBay now charges a final value fee on shipping,no matter what method is used to ship the item. Here is the scale of final value fees,including final value fees on shipping. 1) for auction style listings. 2)for fixed price listings. Here is the final value fees page.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Geeze.....thanks

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you ever noticed, people were selling for .99 and shipping was 100.00. They only paid final value on the item and made up their profit on the "then" not charged shipping fees.

Now thanks to them we NOW have to pay on the whole amount.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Honestly I agree with being charged a fee on shipping to hopefully stop the people who put an item up at low cost and jack up the shipping fee, I just wish ebay would advertise to the buyers what sellers actually pay to list, sell and ship an item in fees, maybe then buyers would understand the cost sellers need to charge for items. I always try to list my items with reasonable shipping fees, some I have been burned on when you take into acount ebay fees and paypal fees to ship the items but I am still learning 🙂

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

nancyj8754
Community Member

Now I know why "free shipping" is now used a lot....

Honest people have to paid for the other....

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

kismet-toronto
Community Member

Ebay needs to consider Canadian sellers when taking money out of our pockets this way. I pay more to ship than my buyers in many cases, because of

HST (13%)

Fuel Surcharge (5%)

This is not considering the cost of mailers (.50, since I drive out of my way to buy in bulk from a wholesaler), insurance (1.00), and fees.

My shipping is reasonable. My starting bids and BINs are reasonable. I know how much I need to pay myself for my time, and what I need to get for each item. My buyers are people like me, who could use a deal. I do not inflate on either end, yet am tempted to increase shipping prices, to cover the clawback. But then they'll claw back more. And then I'll have to increase prices again. You see how circular it seems.

I am also miffed that high volume sellers do better on fees than those of us who are small time, and do not have an inventory of twelve thousand of each thing.

Anyway.

Is cannibalism kosher?
Message 7 of 7
latest reply