Florida

I'm noticing that out of all the US states, Florida is where my Light Packets seem to take the longest to get to.

I get the most "Where is my item" complaints out of there after usually around 10 Business days worth of delivery transit time.

Ironically, my items to California & Texas, seem to arrive at lightning speed.

What's everyone Else's experiences?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Florida

We figured that out long ago and give all buyers a heads up about shipping times so they won't be freakin out after 10 days.

This is the disclaimer we use and it seems to have solved the issues, even with dummies:

Items shipping to places outside of Canada will NOT arrive in a few days! Shipping to USA can sometimes take up to 2 or 3 weeks due to customs but probably way less. Shipping overseas can sometimes take up to 3 to 4 weeks due to customs but probably way less. If you don't understand this then you shouldn't be using ebay.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Florida

I'm not referring to buyers expectations but mail service being slower to Florida in general.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Florida

007 - This happens because of the way the mail is routed to leave Canada, and then again from the arrival place in the US. I am in Eastern Ontario.  Letters leaving the immediate region go to Mississauga, parcels go to Montreal.  My parcels going to the Eastern Seaboard are usually delivered very quickly.  The mid-west addresses have slower delivery, and sometimes California takes a while.  I see you are in Ingersoll, and probably your parcels (and lettermail) get sent to London ON for further processing and sorting, and may leave Canada via Detroit.  Then you have faster service to mid-west and Pacific regions, and Florida will be slower.  Also, each US entry has handles different volumes of parcels, and each Customs office has different management, so procedures can vary - Customs is the wild card for delays.  Although I have seen some strange routing both in Canada and the US, with parcels seeming to have a tour of the country before they finally get to the purchaser.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Florida

arlene_v
Community Member

I don't sell here on eBay but had something very odd happen (at least I thought it was odd) about 3 months ago.

I sent a gift to someone in Long Beach, Calif. and used the parcel rate, I think it was called ..anyway it cost around $10.50 and it was the cheapest one going. The lady at the post office told me it would take a while to get there, but I said no worries.

Imagine my shock when my friend emailed me and told me it had arrived .... either two or three days after I had mailed it, I can't remember the exact time frame.

Anyway, I could hardly believe it.  I still can't! 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Florida

I'm in Nova Scotia.  I just shipped a parcel to northern Florida by Xpresspost first thing Monday morning (I took it directly to the P.O. so it would get picked up on the first run to Halifax airport).  From there it will go to Montreal (Ville St-Laurent) and directly to the US - through JFK airport (New York).

I was surprised to see the expected delivery date shown in the tracking info for that parcel as Friday, April 4th - that's 5 days in transit for Xpresspost to a location not really that far away.  California tends to be 3 or 4 days for Xpresspost, so it must have something to do with the US processing stream, because I find most Xpresspost parcels get out of Canada in less than 48 hours.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply