Fraud

Need an ebay email address to report a fraudulent invoice(using ebay as 3rd party payment). Does anyone have one i can use ?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Fraud

By the way, its for an invoice I received supposedly from eBay motors.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

forward to spoof@ebay.com including headers

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

Thanks, someone is trying to get $6500 from me using ebay motors as invoice, using wire transfer deposited into "eBay Customer Support Agent" private account in the UK for a car purchased from autotraded.ca

GOOD LUCK LOOSER

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

That scam has been around for at least ten years.  Even my brother-in-law who does not buy/sell on eBay received one about six/seven years ago.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

I don't know why they keep on trying when it is so obvious, incoming email address finish with .net to start plus all the discrempancies in all 3 invoines. I phoned autotraded.ca to report the ad and they removed it.

It too bad they use the indentity of a member of the Canadian Forces.

Message recieved before the invoices, lots of hourse dung in it, makes for good entertainment;

Hopefully somelse will benifit from this little experience.

Enjoy reading

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

"I don't know why they keep on trying when it is so obvious"

It is called the law of average.

If the scammers send one million email messages daily and get 1/10,000 of 1% response, they net an easy five grands!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

Was going to post the same topic in regards to the email & whether anyone else received it.

Received the email around 10pm last night for the same amount, 6500.

Pierre mentioned it has been around for ten years but this was my first time receiving it.

A good heads up for anyone who has never encvountered this previously.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

I'm still playing that scammer just to waiste his/her time.

I told him/her would do the transfer in the morning and in the mean time to send me a bunch of pictures inside, outside, trunk and under the bonnet as they say in the UK. I recieved 57 pictures, what a fish!!!!

I asked a scan of the used car package, reply; I don't have a scan of the used car package here with my but you'll receive the original one with the papers of the car.
thanks
Amanda

Now i just asked for a picture of if you dont have a scanner.

I'm going to play him/her as long as i can, my next question will be to send my a scan or picture of the ownership.

Here's a copy of one of the emails i received(i blank out my name;

This should be usefull for the readers.

I will try to post a copy of the supposedly eBay invoice i received if i'm allowed to do it on this discussion board! Pierre

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

Just got a reply to my latest question, "Now i just asked for a picture of if you dont have a scanner."

Reply;

How convenient

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

The email were just mentioned on Talk Radio with a comment from the Winnipeg Police Service.

I guess a lot of people have received the same email.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

Ooh I'm I ever playing this con artist. He keeps on biting to my emails.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

Ahhh - be careful with that.

Some of these guys are connected to the mafia.

Go too far and you sleep with the fishes.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Fraud

Craigslist Scams and Fraudulent Use of Vehicle Purchase Protection

http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Motors/Craigslist-Scams-and-Fraudulent-Use-of-Vehicle-Purchase/td-...

Message 14 of 14
latest reply