Fraudulant seller alert

There is a number of listing in china. I won an auction for the very same item and have not received it, but it was under a different seller. The ads are word for word identical to the add for the item I won. I asked for tracking info which the add says will be provided and they do not answer. I am waiting a few more days for my time to be up so i can file a claim and I have already reported them as fraudulant.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Fraudulant seller alert

That in itself isn't a sign of fraud as a seller have more than one user name and perhaps they have more than one of the same item. Also, it can take a month+ for a package from China.

However.....this particular seller does make me nervous. If you look at their feedback, almost all of it is from Chinese buyers which is really unusual.  Also, if you look at their feedback given...they have given buyers negatives which hasn't been allowed since 2008 so they probably haven't been active on this id since then.

So I would agree that is a good idea to file a claim as soon as you can.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

It isnt only the item that is the problem it is that every single add (now from 3 different sellers) is an exact copy right down to the chineese documents at the end of the listing. Also if you look at the feed back of all the sellers, most of the feedback has been left by people who are no longer registered users. It tells me that they have created fake acounts to give themselves positive feedback and then canceled the accounts. It cant be coincidence.When the 32 day delivery passes I will file a claim and will NOT be falling for any attempts to resend the item and other stall tactics.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

While I agree that there is no reason to trust this seller, you should be aware that many sellers, including North American sellers, are 'dropshipping'.

This means that they get their information and pictures from a catalogue, and when they get an order it is shipped by their supplier not by the seller.

And the supplier has hundreds of sellers working for him. These sellers never see the item, but they take all the damage to their accounts that may be caused by bad packaging, over-described junk products, slow delivery and even, in some cases, suppliers who have no products at all, just a nice catalogue.

Glad to know you are aware of the "Oopsie, will send a replacement' scam. That's a nasty one.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

Well thats interesting to know, thank you. Truthfully I hope i,m wrong. I hope my item shows and and all is well. The fact that they have stopped responding to my inquires, makes me doubtful. Perhaps I will contact the manufacturer and see if they have such sellers that they are using.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

Filing a claim at day 32 seems a little harsh. First of all it is common knowledge that china to Canada takes up 5 or 6 weeks this is normal. Second, what about the christmas season? It is common knowledge that things are slower during the month of december.

The fair thing to do would be to wait until day 43 before filing a claim.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

In this case I don't think it is harsh. If you could see the sellers feedback you would probably agree. Also, when a seller refuses to reply to messages, is it fair to ask the buyer to wait just in case?

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

"Also, when a seller refuses to reply to messages, is it fair to ask the buyer to wait just in case?"

I agree.

Lack of response is a huge red flag.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

I have now tried yet again to contact the seller without any reply. If the seller can,t even provide me with evidence that the item was shipped than  why should i continue to wait. At the very least they should have some form of receipt to show that it was shipped. If they arent even willing to respond than I have no other option. Even back when the processing time had passed I inquired just to see if the item had shipped on schedule, the reply I got was "yes your item will ship". Not it has shipped, not here is a copy of the receipt or tracking info that they were supposed to provide. The other matter is the price of the item itself.I put a low bid on the item,not at all expecting to win the item. These never sell for that cheap. They are double what I paid at least and shipping is always extra because  it is a huge item and costly to ship.I will be only to happy to admit if im wrong and extend apologies where due. But at this point i am 99.999% certain I will not be receiving the item.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

You can send them one more query, and indicate that if you have no reply from them by purchase-day+32, you will file a claim.

If day 32 has already passed, then file soon - definitely before day 43.

Starting a claim is just a preliminary step. If item arrives after that, the claim can be cancelled.

No matter how it ends up, don't forget feedback (before time runs out).

Rate the seller accurately on stars in each category. Communication will be an interesting category...

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

For sure. I was on the reverse side of the coin yrs ago. I sold an item and after 30 days the buyer opened a claim. They refunded his money even though I had provided proof of shipping. Then the item arrived and I obtained a copy of the signature from the post office in the buyers country. PP still refused to reverse the refund because they couldnt view a copy of the signature online, even though I provided them with a copy. So in the end they buyer got the item and the money.

If the item shows after the claim is open I would immediately cancel the claim. I know what its like to be shafted.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

Filing a claim at day 32 seems a little harsh. First of all it is common knowledge that china to Canada takes up 5 or 6 weeks this is normal.

And it is too long.

In my opinion, the sellers who use this excuse are sketchey, if not outright scammers. If anything ever arrives, it is unlikely to be as described.

If the seller wants to provide a good product and good service, she will not use surface shipping. China subsidizes air shipping as well as surface.

DHL parcels arrive well within the 30 day parameter. Have you ever looked at arrivals from Hong Kong at Vancouver? There are several every day.

On the third hand, if you are buying penny goods with free shipping, all you are doing is giving your email address to those spam mailing lists. They may reward you with the eventual arrival of some cheap bauble.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

Yup i,ve gotten stuff from china in half that time.On many occasions. I think that surface mail is a convenient way to not be able to provide tracking info.They should still provide some evidence of shipment. Its unfortunate that bidders names are blocked because I would warn everyone voting on the new duplicate listings that they are playing with fire.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

This seems unfair that the OP is being urged to over react in this situation. Why not give the seller the benefit of the doubt. The seller may have a language barrier. We have found that sellers from china difficulty regularly with english questions being asked of them. What is wrong with waiting until day 43 like one poster mentioned? And what about the month of december and the related postal chaos?

Many of us sellers here shut down for this period to avoid the nitpickers that just don't get it.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

I think that the average Chinese seller knows how to send a tracking number or answer yes, your package was mailed on such and such a date.  If you take all of the facts into account, the buyer is not being urged to overreact.

I happened to see the seller's name before it was taken out of the OP so I can see their feedback. As of right now, they have received 5 feedback in the last month - 4 of those are negative from 2 different buyers. One of the comments is that the buyer ordered a camera and got 10 beads instead.  The seller's feedback is now at 25%.

I'm very patient when it comes to waiting for packages and I certainly wouldn't be waiting any longer to file a claim for this seller.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

I understand why we are not allowed to 'name and shame' other members. There are a lot of loose cannons and dimwits out there, but I wish we could return to allowing the specific transaction number to be given.

This allowed posters to check out not just the accused seller but also what the buyer is complaining about. Often this has led to posters politely explaining to the buyer that he was .... prevaricating? misunderstanding the situation? unable to read? a fricking nutcase?

Not the OP of course. Knowing that his seller is now at 25% feedback rating shows us clearly that he is in the right.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

I cant understand why people keep saying I should wait. WHY? If the seller cant even bother to attempt a response on two different occasions. Thats some language barrier.It seems to have affected their fingers as well.I have already clearly stated that If the item shows after the the claim is opened it would immediately be closed, so again why wait.The seller has done nothing to warrant "the benefit of the doubt" 

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

I I also don't get that"no name and shame" business either,ebay is just allowing the "undesirables"to go on ripping off buyers but inevitably turd is gonna hit the fan,the difference in not acting fast enough is,more people will be victimized.
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

"The seller may have a language barrier."

Then they should not be selling to countries where odds are they can't communicate.

It's the sellers responsibility to reply. Does not sound like OP is expecting instant reply.  Just some reply. Which has not happened.

"And what about the month of december and the related postal chaos?"

Postal chaos does prevent communication with the buyer.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Fraudulant seller alert

@patken123 wrote:
I I also don't get that"no name and shame" business either,ebay is just allowing the "undesirables"to go on ripping off buyers but inevitably turd is gonna hit the fan,the difference in not acting fast enough is,more people will be victimized.

I sorta get that you cant have every dissatisfied person out there smearing others, but for sure in situations like this where its so obviously fraud people should be able to know  the details and decide for themselves if they want to risk doing business.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply