Fraudulent Sellers From China

Does anybody know if there is anything I can do at all to report a fraudulent buyer even after the 45 days.  I found the buyer that screwed me over, he's selling the same item under a new name, and his old account is now deleted.

I'm really **bleep** at ebay and paypal for this.  I never knew of the 45 days.  Usually I wouldn't have even taken 20 days for this to be reported but I've been ridiculously busy and family has been in the hospital. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Another ebay name

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

What are you talking about '45 days'? I'm having much trouble with a seller from China and they are dragging out their correspondence forever.....I wondered why it is taking them so long to settle this matter.  I ordered a pair of shoes and they sent the wrong size. Seems simple enough to me.....I want a full refund and they can pay the postage for me to return the shoes since it was their mistake.  They offered me a 3.00 refund.  The shoes were only $23 and the cost to return them is $18.73.  I'm getting screwed around and I don't know what to do.  I wonder if I only have a certain amount of time to cancel this on my credit card? I have no idea because I'm new and I have never had a problem with a seller before. I answer their questions and it takes a few days for them to get back to me.  I want my money back.  help.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Lornaloo, this is why 45 days is being discussed:

http://pages.ebay.ca/paypal/buyer/protection.html

It's a lot easier to file a claim through PayPal than it is to try to "cancel" a credit card transaction.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

deedz-

Is this a fraudulent buyer or seller? The Chinese buyer purchased something from you and is reselling it? Seems odd, given the cost of purchasing in China and in Canada, but there is nothing wrong about buying on this site and reselling the item. Most experienced sellers will counsel using different IDs for buying and selling, though.

Or is this a fraudulent seller? Was the item never delivered? Was the item not as described? Was a returned item not refunded? While you have only 45 days to start a Dispute, you can still leave feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings for 60 days. And if you had already left FB you can add a Response indefinitely.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

lornaloo

If you file an eBay Not As Described dispute you will get your entire original payment back, once you prove the seller has received the shoes.

The seller is not required to pay return shipping. This is in part meant to prevent specious returns (you order a blue sweater and the colour is robin's egg and not baby blue, for example) and rental (buying a party dress, wearing it once and returning it) and partly because eBay/Paypal can only deal with money they have handled.

If that sweater had been red, a good seller would pay the return postage. But again, not a requirement.

I'm amazed that return shipping would only be $18. I would have expected more like $40 for international Air Mail with Delivery Confirmation, which is what you would have to use in case of a Paypal Dispute. Don't return without Delivery Confirmation. Just don't.

Frankly, I would encourage you to accept the partial refund of $3 and chalk it up to a learning experience.  You can sell the shoes on eBay (or maybe elsewhere) if you like. You could even ask the seller's permission to use his photos and description-- the accurate part anyway.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Thank you. I still think they should pay the return postage. The return shipping is only $18 surface and $40.41 for airmail but I did not ask for delivery confirmation so that would probably cost more. The reason I checked on the shipping cost in the first place was because the seller asked me how much it would be to return the shoes. I expect to get what I order and what I pay for. Why should I have to suck up the cost of returning something to them that I did not order in the first place? I want a full refund. I paid $23 for something I didn't order. 😞
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I haggled with seller and finally accepted refund of half my money and I keep the shoes which I will donate to charity. What a nightmare.  The other thing they questioned was why did I leave them negative feedback.  I thought all feedback was confidential. Of course I would leave negative feedback......I think it's only right to try and warn other potential buyers that this seller could be a problem and to beware.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

"I thought all feedback was confidential"

Quite the contrary.  Feedback is very visible for all to see.  That is the very purpose of feedback so users can determine if they want to do business with others.

Everyone can see what feedback you have received and what feedback you have left.

DSRs on the other hand are confidential.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Yes I agree. 'Confidential' was the wrong word for me to use.  I should have said that I thought the comments were anonymous.  As soon as I left negative feedback then I received email from seller asking me why I left negative feedback and would I chage it to positvie feedback. 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Chinese sellers work with such low margins they don't have room to accept responsibility for their own mistakes unless forced by eBay or PayPal.

If you send by surface, you will have no shoes and no refund. If you send tracked, you overpay.

Open the dispute, document with picture, don't ship back. You will most likely loose the dispute, but you will have tried. 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I have opened a dispute but if the seller does indeed refund half my money then I will take it, cut my losses and cancel the dispute.  How can they get away with sending the wrong size and the customer has to suck up the cost anyway?  That I will never really understand.  Someone on here suggested that I just take the shoes and resell them on ebay.  Why would someone buy the shoes from me and have to pay postage when they could buy the same shoes from this seller from China and pay zero postage? That's the part that really stuck in my craw.......they send to me for free and then wouldn't pay for parcel return when they made the mistake.  I just can't get my head around this, it makes no sense to me at all.  It's these seller's from China...they are hard to communicate with because they don't know he language properly.  Recently I made a purchase from Zulily that was incorrect......I contacted them and within 24 hours I received a full refund, was told to keep the item and was also given a $10 credit for my inconvenience.  Now that's what I call good service and that is the service I expect.  Live and learn.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Can someone please tell me what this is about.  I haggled with the seller and they agreed to refund $11.50USD. A few days have gone by and I check my paypal regularly but there has been no refund from this seller.  They sent me an email saying that the refund was done yesterday but in the email there is a note that I need to enter my information to confirm my paypal account before refund will be processed.  That just seems fishy to me.  I have not had any other problems with paypal......there are charges and refunds being processed on a regular basis from all other seller so why is it so difficult to get this one.  Why are they asking for my paypal account information.  Why didn't this refund just go right on through like the other transactions?  Are they still trying to f*** me around? pardon my language.  I'm just sooooo frustrated with this whole situation.  It seems to never go away.  I would advise all to avoid this seller like the plague but I hesitate to say anything negative to them until I get my refund. help

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

there is a note that I need to enter my information to confirm my paypal account before refund will be processed.

What information? I certainly would not be giving my credit card info, but bank info is exactly what is at the bottom of every cheque you have ever written, and not a worry.
From whom is the note?  If it is from Paypal, don't worry about it much. They do seem randomly to ask for further or renewed confirmation of accounts and account holders. If one of those requests happened at the same time as your refund... well , it does look strange but should be okay. 

Look for the "https" in the URL in the website address box at the top of the page. 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

The seller should already have your paypal address so it doesn't make sense that they would be asking for it now....especially after they have supposedly made the refund.

When you paid for the item, how did you pay? Did you pay from money already in your Paypal account?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

Something is not right from the Sellers end.

Don't want to say they are being dishonest, but the duck seems to be quacking.

If you don't receive a refund soon Report the buyer & Leave appropriate Feedback & DSRs.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Yes.  I have had the same experience... only this seller is from Thailand.

I paid for the item.

It never arrived.

Seller claimed to ship the item but said they will ship another one.

I made the mistake and waited outside of the 45 days.

Contacted the seller.  They said the post office says I received two items already.

No tracking number was provided.

I tried to open a dispute with ebay and paypal... and it is outside the 45 days.

So disappointed.....years of using ebay...and this is the first time I've ever been scammed.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Remember to leave appropriate Feedback & DSRs, plus report the Seller.

eBay does take these reports seriously & should a pattern arise they will take appropriate action against the seller.

I'm sure you are not the first to be taken advantage of.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

u2konnect

This is one reason why we posters encourage buyers to attach their Paypal accounts to a credit card, rather than a PP balance or their bank accounts.

The cc usually has a chargeback policy. The buyer can phone the 1-800 number (after the PP claim has failed) and try for a refund through the card. Cards have longer deadlines, sometimes as much as six months, more often 90 days.

The customer service clerk needs the same information as PP. Value, dates, transaction numbers for the item and payment, etc. Have those handy when you call.

If you don't ask, they can't say yes.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

I got royally screwed from a vendor from china. Basically there 3xl outfit is maybe a unisex large for a woman or child. With picture they gave impression it was for a Caucasian not going to happen. man. Boy did I get taken. It would cost me 78 bucks to send with tracking number. When I contacted vendor we came to a compromise and they would refund half. However, they did not honour agreement. Now in hands of pp. I doubt I'll ever get this money back. Advice avoids vendors from China if possible.
Message 20 of 25
latest reply