Free listing and No Final Value Fee!

Just saw it today at Y**oo! Does anyone list there? How is business over there? Also it makes me wonder how they survive with no revenue coming from the seller.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

imagi.nation
Community Member
Y@hoo makes their money the same way Google does -- ads, ads, ads, ads, ads...
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They are desperate for sellers so they can attract some buyers. It sounds like the last gasp for Yahoo Auctions. They've tried for 5+ years to get their auctions happening with no luck other than in Japan where they were the first kid on the block.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

lady-bee
Community Member
I tried it and NO SALES... =(

Barely anyone looked at my adds too. Counters was very low.

Anyone else's input?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

In my category...

Ebay 500,000+ listings (half are crap)
the "other guys" 5,000+ listings (99% are crap)

a small number of crap listings brings a small number of crap buyers. I must say those other guys certainly do offer sellers good value for the money!

Ben

P.S. lady-bee, I always wanted to thank you for my first neutral! You gave it to me just over 5 years ago (but my deadbeat partner deserved it);-)

- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply