Funds on hold - do I have to ship out the item out of my own expense?

My auction ended, the seller has paid the fees. I'm going over ebay's new policies and so on to understand the new rules in place. Paypal has put a lock on my funds for 21 days, and I'm aware this is the case with new accounts.  Anyway, do I have to pay for the shipping costs? Why is this? Why do I have to pay out of my own pocket to ship to a winning bidder? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

you dont,you should have added shipping cost to your listing.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You are not paying out of your own pocket for shipping.

You charged the buyer for shipping and you will get that

money in 21 days.

You should ship as soon as you are paid otherwise you risk

bad feedback and DSRs.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I did add shipping cost to my listing. I see now that you can print out labels through paypal. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes you can print your shipping label and Paypal will take payment from the money they are holding.

While you have seven days to ship, the sooner the better. Give your customer the number of the shipping label even if it is not a Delivery Confirmed or Insured service. It give the customer the warm fuzzies.

Did you know that if your customer paid with an "e-cheque", that is through PP from his bank account, that PP will not let you print the shipping label until the e-cheque has cleared, even if they continue to hold it?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Yes you can print your shipping label and Paypal will take payment from the money they are holding.

If the label is purchased through PayPal, seller will have to pay from his own pocket first and then - only then - PayPal will release the hold on the shipping portion.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply