GSP About to Appear in Every Listing

When the GSP first arrived I thought it was destined for a quick death because it's such a BAD idea.

Then as time went it on it became evident that the program was only going to grow in spite of objections from buyers.

Did you all get the notice that all US based items would be listed via the GSP and it's retroactive?

Maybe I didn't read it correctly, but it looks like the GSP is about to appear in every listing.

Should be interesting.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Can you copy and paste the notice here please. I haven't seen anything like that.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I haven't received a notice like that and I can't find anything on the eBay.com or eBay.ca announcements boards, which I would think would be the locations for information like this.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

OK....... What's confusing about it is that it came to one of my selling id's and the way it's worded makes it sound like I've signed onto the program.......

Which of course I haven't................ in fact.......... Couldn't if I wanted to.

I assume that every US seller was sent this notice............ and no, marmo........... There is no reason for this to appear on the Canadian announcement board.

It's meant for American sellers not you.... Smiley Indifferent

This could be why they're making it easier to send invoices without the GSP now.

Just a minute and I'll post the notice.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

You're already taking advantage of the Global Shipping Program so you know that your eligible items are made available to international buyers automatically every time you list.
Now, to help you sell more, we'll also be making your current active listings available to international buyers through the Global Shipping Program beginning September 25, 2013.
The good news is you don't have to do a thing. Any eligible listings you currently have for sale will be made available to international buyers automatically. As always, when an item sells, you just ship it to the US shipping center in Kentucky and the program handles the rest—including taking care of all customs forms, import charges, and getting the item to your buyer quickly with end-to-end international tracking.
Remember, the Global Shipping Program is not only a fast, easy way to grow your international sales—it's designed to keep you protected as a seller, too. If an item gets lost or damaged in international transit, any negative or neutral feedback left by your buyer will be removed. And if an item turns out to be undeliverable, eBay will take care of it for you and your buyer with no worry to you.
Visit the Global Shipping Program page anytime for more information, including best practices, eligible countries, and how to manage your account preferences.
Sincerely,
The eBay Seller Team
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Actually, it fits................. Getting that email even though I didn't sign onto the GSP ............... 

Well........... except for the fact that I'm Canadian that is.

Almost every seller I email now who has listed via the GSP claims that they know nothing about it.

At first it seemed like they were just sloppy and did realize that they had signed on, but now it looks more and more like they've got it right.

They didn't sign on.

They're getting pushed into listing via the GSP whether they know it or like it or want it.............. or not.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Have you checked your settings lately to make sure you're not opted into the Global Shipping Program?

The impression I've been getting is that some sellers have unwittingly opted into the program by clicking an agreement link on the new user agreement believing it's to accept the UA when, in fact, it's an agreement to accept the GSP into their hearts.

I'm not saying that's what's happened with you, but if you haven't checked your selling preferences and settings lately, I suggest you do so.  I'd be interested in knowing what might be there to trigger this message from eBay.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

That heading should have said:

The GSP is About to Appear in Every Listing 'Unless the Seller Has Opted Out of the Program."

It seems like sellers are being joined up automatically without their knowledge.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

the problem is that most people dont read what they are getting into and it will come and bite them in the behind when they see dropped sales.

Yes the stupid GSP is getting more and more prominent.

It seems to appear more and more with people that are under 500 ratings... a sign of inexperienced sellers.

A lot of my usual sellers have high feedbacks and have stayed away from this system since they know it will hurt their bottom line.

If the newbies would read what they are getting into then this whole thing would be turned around real quick and then die. Unfortunately the new sellers outweigh the old timers and this is a drag because some new seller have desireabel attic items that the older sellers dont have.

but yes as a collector of toys i have seen the gsp show up in more and more listings. At one point its gonna saturate and canadians wont buy anythign from ebay anymore....

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@electric-pixel wrote:

It seems to appear more and more with people that are under 500 ratings... a sign of inexperienced sellers.

Yes, that's right on.  New sellers are getting nailed.

Some must be opting in without reading the fine print, but many are being signed up by eBay without their knowledge.

I have several selling ids, and the only one which received that message has very low FB.............. and Trust Me:  I didn't sign up for it.

When a seller says he/she didn't sign up for the program but has items listed via the GSP:  Believe it.

When I first posted that the GSP was going to appear in every listing it seeemd like that's what the announcement was saying.

However, the closer I look at it there do seem to be mitigating circumstances.

Still............ I'm thinking that on the 25th we see a surge of GSP listings............ and maybe a lot more posts here from angry buyers.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I think that people are being sold on the ide of GSP because when it began you would get a percentage of your final value fee back.

I dont know if this is the same thing still....  a lot of people dont read the fine print and of course the devil will present to you what you want to see on the contract but omits deliberatly that he will come and take your soul down the road.

i think canadians should just plain ask the sellers...

" why are you using the GSP program?"

and see the reaction of the seller.  I am sure that most answer would be a clueless response...

actually i think i am going to do that....

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

i*m-still-here, off topic, for the past week or two or more, your posts are in a very small font compared to everyone else's posts. Hard to read for my old eyes.Why?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I have to ask:

" is it even legal for Ebay to automagically enroll people in this program?"

The only way out of the program is to opt out.  Has Ebay made it clear to their sellers that they might be enrolled in a program that they do not want?

and when i mean clear.. i mean like a one sentence statement... not a legalese paragraph that has 2 sub-paragraph under it because people get bored of reading walls of text and will always click yes or next button and end up in a contract that is not fully understood.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

i*m-still-here, off topic, for the past week or two or more, your posts are in a very small font compared to everyone else's posts. Hard to read for my old eyes.Why?

I guess one of us needs new glasses. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

i agree you should increase your font a bit... i can read it fine but others may not. If you wan to get your message across people need to be able to read it...

no offense.

cheers.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@i*m-still-here wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I guess one of us needs new glasses. Smiley Happy

I am fortunate to not need glasses for reading. But your font is half the size of the font used by others when I browse the forums.

Maybe you should make your font size even smaller.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

@electric-pixel wrote:

i agree you should increase your font a bit... i can read it fine but others may not. If you wan to get your message across people need to be able to read it...

no offense.

cheers.

Thank you.......... but on my computer the font is bigger than most because I have trouble seeing.  It seems like it's reversed on your screen.

(At first I thought poco was being nice and joking with me, but maybe not.)

I'll try to fix it.

Is this size the same as yours?

Message 17 of 17
latest reply