Get flawed item,dishonest seller,what should I do?

mickeyluan
Community Member

I purchesed a laptop on ebay, but when I got my laptop, find out it's has many serious scratch on the surface,and the LCD is very loose......it's looks like took a serious hit before,and since the delivery box is fine so I don't think the damages came from the delivery.

Also the laptop HD capacity is smaller than the seller's detail description.

when I told th seller this item is obvious a damage good,he just said sorry and ask me to forgive him because his mother just passed away during the shipping..........

What should I do ? I want to return this item but I don't want to pay the shipping fee,or I want he give me discount for this damage good,but if he will not do anything to fix this problem......what can I do ?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Get flawed item,dishonest seller,what should I do?

scifan57
Community Member
Open an item not as described in the PayPal resolution center. You have only 45 days from the time you paid for the item to open the dispute. Do so no later than day 43, to be safe. Once opened, close the dispute for no reason other than a full refund as once closed for any reason, a dispute cannot be re-opened. In order to receive the refund you will have to return the item to the seller with delivery confirmation and will receive your refund when the delivery confirmation shows that the seller has received the returned item. Add the delivery confirmation number to the dispute as soon as you ship the item.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply