Getting frustrated waiting for delivery

sarrei_9
Community Member
I ordered something on eBay on April 10th and it was shipped the same day. The sellers delivery date was on or before May 12th, and it's now may 15th. I sent a request to the seller on the 11th and I'm very frustrated and angry as I've waited over a month for this package and also have no reply from them. What am I suppose to even to?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Where is the item being shipped from?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@sarrei_9 wrote:
I ordered something on eBay on April 10th and it was shipped the same day. The sellers delivery date was on or before May 12th, and it's now may 15th. I sent a request to the seller on the 11th and I'm very frustrated and angry as I've waited over a month for this package and also have no reply from them. What am I suppose to even to?

Go to your Purchase History

Find the item

On the right side you should see More Actions

This has a drop down menu, select "I didn't receive it" and open an INR (Item-Not-Received) case.

Claim period in eBay for 30 days from last estimated delivery time. For this sale, May 13 to June 12.

-..-

Where was the package coming from?  China can easily take 5-6 weeks.

-..-

If paid via paypal you have up to 180 days after purchase for an INR claim (Oct 6).

-..-

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I have already started a case for the item and it is coming from Hong Kong, and has already been 6 weeks since its been shipped. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hong Kong

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Read some of the threads below regarding shipments from that part of the world.

It's taking up to 3 months transit time.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

sarrei_9
Community Member
I understand that it takes awhile, but it's sort up upsetting that they give you a delivery date then it doesn't show up during that time. Just a bit frustrating
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It can take that long if coming from Hong Kong, as it's likely an inexpensive purchase so the lower price dues reflect the slower shipping. I'd open an INR for now to get a refund, but when the item arrives please do repay the seller to be fair.

Mail order from Asia has really slowed this year I noticed. I bought something from Hong Kong as well early-April and it took 5 weeks to get to me. And it was supposedly shipped with airmail (as indicated on envelope) too. And from the post stamp the seller did ship within stated handling time so it's the postal system that really slowed things down and not much the sellers can do about it. Shipping estimates are just "estimates".

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Perhaps Canada has tightened up security on shipments from outside the country since the Paris (Nov 2015) and Brussels (Mar 2016) bombings. Perhaps they are doing more scans and checking than before adding to the time. Why it would affect Asia shipments more than others, I do not know.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

My experience is that shipments from China have not been arriving by the last date mentioned. I gave the last seller a week extra before contacting him then I told him I would wait another week because I knew of the longer than usual delays. In the end I got a refund at 60 days ... and the item still has not arrived after about 66 days.

Getting frustrated and angry is a personal problem that we all have to deal with however.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply