Seller wants my email after 2 requests for an invoice

So on Sunday I had committed to buy an item and have been attempting to pay with Paypal. However, I cannot complete the checkout because I get this message; "This seller didn't include shipping costs to your location. Please request the total to ask the seller for shipping costs, or change your address." I requested a total and waited for a response, but today they had opened an unpaid item case. I then sent them a message via Ebay and yet another invoice request and this is the response I got back:

"Hello

so what is your email . i will check it

thank you"

Do I really need to give them my email address? I thought all this could be handled directly through Ebay's site. This is the first time I have purchased through Ebay, by the way, and I'm honestly terrified about what will happen if I can't get this resolved. Seriously regretting committing to the buy. 😞

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If the shipping cost calculation is never resolved and Ebay still bars me from paying for the item because of it, am I going to be facing serious legal action against myself for not paying before the date on the Unpaid Item Case? Really just more scared than anything at this point.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@demonesshikari wrote:

So on Sunday I had committed to buy an item and have been attempting to pay with Paypal. However, I cannot complete the checkout because I get this message; "This seller didn't include shipping costs to your location. Please request the total to ask the seller for shipping costs, or change your address." I requested a total and waited for a response, but today they had opened an unpaid item case. I then sent them a message via Ebay and yet another invoice request and this is the response I got back:

"Hello so what is your email . i will check it thank you"

Do I really need to give them my email address? I thought all this could be handled directly through Ebay's site. This is the first time I have purchased through Ebay, by the way, and I'm honestly terrified about what will happen if I can't get this resolved. Seriously regretting committing to the buy.

If the sale falls through, you'll get a black mark on your purchasing record which might make it more difficult to buy on eBay for the next 12 months. Otherwise, it is just a failed sale, no legal action.

-..-

How are you contacting the seller? Directly from the purchase info on eBay? If so, the seller should have already have your shipping address and can send you an invoice with shipping directly from the sale details (there is a drop down menu of Actions next to each sold item for the seller to send you a revised invoice).

Does your shipping address for eBay and PayPal match?

-..-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have contacted them directly via their profile and Request Total on the buy page. My shipping address on this account does match my PayPal address.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@demonesshikari wrote:
If the shipping cost calculation is never resolved and Ebay still bars me from paying for the item because of it, am I going to be facing serious legal action against myself for not paying before the date on the Unpaid Item Case? Really just more scared than anything at this point.

It's nothing as bad as "legal actions", one case is nothing; if you get too many then you'd barred from future shopping on eBay, that's all.

As for concerns over email, if you are gonna be paying with Paypal then the seller will receive your email address anyway so there is no point getting concerned over it, or you can always make a new e-mail account and use that as your Paypal / other purposes instead of your personal e-mail, which is what I do.

It sounds like you didn't have your eBay account set up properly so that's why the seller can't send you an invoice with the right shipping? I'm not quite sure why else you can't pay...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

What is the item number? Because it is quite possible the seller does not ship to Canada. Does he say anything about that in his listing?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply