Global Shipping Program - Item Not Received

Having successfully received several items through the GSP in the past, I now find myself in a complicated situation.

The package was handed to Canada Post, and its tracking indicates that it was returned to sender due to "Incomplete address" (even though the address is "Confirmed" by PayPal).

My situation is a bit unusual in that my municipal and postal addresses are different. The issue is that Canada Post is unable to deliver at my municipal address. I gave the seller my municipal address assuming that the package would delivered to my door by a private courier as usual. But this time it was handed to Canada Post, which was unexpected.

I contacted Canada Post, but they were unable to help me. Their rules state that it is the shipper that must contact them.

So, I opened an Item Not Received case on eBay (after assuring the seller that I understood that they weren't responsible for the issue), then asked eBay to step in. The case was promptly resolved with a decision to not issue a refund with a comment that said: "We received tracking information from the seller that shows the item was delivered to your address."

I'm now out of both item and money! What should be my next move? I could appeal the case, but I don't know what additional information to provide.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You will have to open an appeal with all the information that you have already provided with the difference being call eBay Customer Service and speak to someone. Your case will have been decided by a bot. Bots cannot comprehend complicating circumstances. 

Help and Contact is at the top and bottom of each page. Walk through the menu until you find the suitable reason and then use the call feature. 

Next time, put both addresses in your 'ship to' address. The post office box too. That way, you'll be covered either way. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@badmisterfrosty84 wrote:

I opened an Item Not Received case on eBay (after assuring the seller that I understood that they weren't responsible for the issue), then asked eBay to step in. The case was promptly resolved with a decision to not issue a refund with a comment that said: "We received tracking information from the seller that shows the item was delivered to your address."

When you filed the claim, did you indicate that this item was shipped or forwarded through the GSP?  I suspect that the tracking information indicating delivery that's being referred to here is the tracking information from the seller's location to the Global Shipping Center in Erlanger, KY.

When you file your appeal, make sure you indicate that the item was forwarded by the GSP and that while the item did reach the GSC, it did not make it to its final destination.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply