Globe and Mail Poll on Canada Post

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Page/document/v5/content/poll/pollResultHub?id=58435&pollid=58435&answerid=&poll=GAMFront&save=_save&show_vote_always=no&hub=Front&subhub=VoteResult

Fellow ebayer should cast their votes to let the world know who Canada Post really is.

On a related story, i spent $28 this afternoon ($10 prepaid in which i did all the work, the other 5 packages are identical in weight (10grams) and size (#10 envelope)($3.60 x5) in 5 minutes at the local post office and was treated like a piece of dirt, when i asked if the person is the manager, his reply is if he was the manager i wouldn't be standing there. His fingers was pointed at my face saying i should do it his way and threaten me that the mail might be lost X-(
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

3jcc14
Community Member
Yikes?! Were you at a real Canada Post Office or one of those franchise ones in a Shoppers Drug Mart or other store? I guess I'm lucky. Up here in Northwestern Ontario, we're too small for Canada Post to franchise out and I the staff in the different towns are generally all pretty good to deal with.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

nancyandsimon
Community Member
I get the same treatment from an independant canada post location in "Ted's Smokes" in Kitchener. I don't ship thru them anymore because they always use a black marker to cross out my return address.

When I called them on it they said it was to make sure the Postal carrier didn't get confused by having 2 addresses on the package. HUH??????

I never ship out from that location anymore but unfortunatly it is the nearest location so all my recieved packages (which never get delivered to my door) go to that location for pick up. UGH!!!

3jcc14 is right about the shoppers locations. All my experiences there are positive! Try to go to them if you can!

Simon
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Simon, hands down the best RPO in Kitchener right now is actually one of the newest. It's in the Williamsburg Plaza in a PharmaPlus at the corner of Westmount and Fischer-Hallman. Rosemary, who generally works the counter, has been doing it for years and it very easy to deal with. More importantly, she doesn't make stuff up as she goes along. Unfortunately a lot of the RPO's are staffed by people who just don't have a clue because they were trained by people that don't have a clue. If Rosemary doesn't know the answer she won't make one up. She also is very tuned to customer service for her regulars and frequently will call me just to tell me that I have mail.

Until recently, the PharmaPlus at 50 Westmount (at Erb) was also very reliable. Judy was well trained and had been working a postal counter for years. As a result her salary had been creeping up. Recently the store laid her off claiming they were scaling back. A week later they hired two kids to replace her at minimum wage. Neither has any idea of what they are doing.

The worst in Kitchener, IMO, have to be either the Zellers at Laurentian or the Valu Mart at Forest Glen Plaza.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
Multiple Shoppers locations here were just brutal, the 2 I've used in non Shoppers drugstores were fine. I ended up making piles of complaints to CP about the Shoppers here, they sent people in as customers to see...and had a VP call me to apologize for what was going on and give me direct # to call if I saw anymore problems. Also had received numerous letters with free books of stamps, including from the CP president and COO.

The overcharging and doing things improperly was just incredible, including one who added GST to GST exempt international items...and kept doing it for months after the local CP supervisor had told them not to. I called Shoppers head office...they got back to me and said they had checked with the postal supervisor and they had to charge GST.

Another Shoppers would just randomly close the postal counter, sometimes 2 hours before the posted time. Sometimes the staff would be at the counter and refuse to take the item as they had decided to close! Once the staff claimed they were out of small packet customs labels that were sitting on the counter, and still refused to provide one when I pointed that out claiming they weren't needed (I had to leave with my packages to go elsewhere!)

A third one I caught several times having the dimensions entered up to 3X what the package was. Before light packet I'd tell them letterpost, they'd ring in small packet price and try to claim there was nothing they could do to fix it.

I haven't mailed at an outlet in ages, but there is no way it would ever be at the Shoppers here again.

Make complaints and keep making them,/escalating to higher persons and you can end up with free stamps, free xpress envelopes. I believe the one of the worst Shoppers staff eventually ended up fired as she turned up at blockbuster
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

nancyandsimon
Community Member
Thanks for the advice Treasure-pot. I'm hoping my streak with the location I'm at continues!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply