Going to China for about half year to source and also maybe sell...

wickedwidgets
Community Member
Can anyone tell me what they think of people who are selling from China? I'm thinking about sourcing for products for foreign trade and then maybe also selling on eBay on the side. Can I get some suggestions or perhaps maybe tell me of experiences with that?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Going to China for about half year to source and also maybe sell...

A lot of people think products from China are poison right now.

A lot of people still buy from China if the price is right.

It's the same on ebay as elsewhere. -------------------------------------------------------------------

"To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can ever fight; and never stop fighting." -- e.e. cummings

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Nothing wrong with china .

China makes the world go round . you get what you pay for in china . You want cheap they get you cheap . You want Descent quality and pay for it you will get it .
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Now a days almost everything is made in China (Sad).
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Now a days almost everything is made in China

Well, when we look at it mathematically, there is 6+ billion people on the planet and only 1.3 of them is in China, and there is some kind of employment everywhere, so I'd say only 20% of world production is in China 🙂

According to CIA facbook, China export is 1.46 trillion and Canada exports are 462 billion. That means 33mil people do 1/3 of the export of 1.3bln (i.e. 12x more export per person).

Germany with their 82mil folks do more exports than entire China. I did not hear anyone complaining about everything being made in Germany. So far China did not cause a single world war, while Germans started 2 of them. I'd be more worried there.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
HUH???

Germans produce far superior product and aren't exactly known for making cheap, fake copies of everything known to mankind.

As for starting wars, now China is who I'm worried about not Germany.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

goldendevon
Community Member
I have been China for 3 months to source. Getting goods from China mainland, ship and stock them in Hong Kong and mail to the customers from Hong Kong. Mailing from Hong Kong is cheaper than from Canada. If anyone interesting, join me.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have been China for 3 months to source. Getting goods from China mainland, ship and stock them in Hong Kong and mail to the customers from Hong Kong. Mailing from Hong Kong is cheaper than from Canada.

I assume all that activity was under different ID ?

Yes, mailing from Hong Kong is slightly cheaper especially due to more grained levels of Small Packets. Canada Post allows only 0.25kg, 0.5kg, etc. RoyalMail (England), Hong-Kong post, USPS and others have more weight levels.

My export agent is in Guangzhou and she is able to send me 12kg shipment with UPS Saver for little over $100 USD. UPS saver is door-to-door service with included brokerage for first 5 lines and $4/each additional line. Another company from mainland I considered working with could not match such freight, the closest they could come by was USD $165 for 12kg by TNT. From my exerience, TNT has additional hidden brokerage cost.

Hong Kong is a heaven for a mail-order company, but I would not rush there with my current volumes just yet. There is money to be made while still in Canada ...
Message 8 of 8
latest reply