Good Day for Site Problems

bare_bright
Community Member
I was wondering why my items were not selling this afternoon, I wondering if this has anything to do with it.

" ***Various Site Issues***

April 27, 2008 | 03:25PM PST/PT

When clicking on Stores links, some members are receiving errors. In addition, some Store names are not displaying on View Item pages. Finally, some members are reporting errors when trying to register, bulk relist, and perform other activities on the eBay site.
Please be assured that we are working to get these issues resolved as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience while we do."

is anybody else having problems, like acces your store etc.?
T.J.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I noticed that my listings do not show categories on the left althouth the settings says they should and they did before.

Few days ago I registered the eBay interface loading somewhat slower, I can actually see particular pictures appearing. It takes 10-15sec to fully load My Ebay page. Just did a test and it took exactly 12sec with status bar flickering on something "Transfering from ... ebaystatic.com".

And this is perhaps related to me more concerned with taxes than sales at the moment and running very few auctions - but my sales are close to zero on eBay for las few days. Omniture reports traffic lower than usual but not too concerning. Can be also related to nice weather we are enjoying, my items sell better when people are home with nothing to do.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Well it seems the issue has been resolved, a few hours later all was working again and was getting orders

Just had 2 strange issues and not sure if it was buyers or the system,

had 2 buyers emailing me asking why I changed the buy it now price "which actually was the bid price" and then asking me to fix the price, could of been a scam though

all seems back to normal now, I ended up with many sales late last night, I noticed to now that the weather is better for summer like, That it's better to end my Auctions at a later hour

T.J.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

ecbluestar
Community Member
had 2 buyers emailing me asking why I changed the buy it now price "which actually was the bid price" and then asking me to fix the price, could of been a scam though

It was not a scam, I had buyers asking me why my shipping charges were different between auction and buy now, I never had buy now for that particular item.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
one would think that after all these years ebay has been around all these bugs would be fixed.

or it might be a case of new inexperienced programmers just making a mess

I don't know, just wish they would of left the older system intact

even less than 2 years ago EBay was pretty much smooth sailing, lately one problem after another,

hope they bring in a qualified team and iron out the bugs, Including the shipping bug "worldwide"

I personal think the program has been built on and built on that it's to much code, as a Past programmer I think they should start from scratch using a newer solid engine and just scarp the system and have a more simply and lean interface.

Like they say when there are to many cooks in the kitchen the soup is just awfully

this is just my view
T.J.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply