HOW MUCH LONGER?

male9414
Community Member

Hi im from British Columbia, Canada and I ordered something from Californa,U.S I bought it on July .1 and Now its July.6  I know its not that long but what is the estimate time it says its been shipped already but not delivered.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

HOW MUCH LONGER?

j44b
Community Member

July 4th is Indepence Day in the USA, which is a national holiday. So your purchased item  if you paid for it on July 1st, may have been shipped on July 2nd, probably didn't move to much on the 3rd. It yet has to proceed thru Canada Customs which also could take a couple of days. If you have a tracking # USPS.com is the place to look. I have shipped to California at this same time last year and due to Canada Day and the US holiday it took 10 business days, throw in holidays and weekend it was 16 days.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

HOW MUCH LONGER?

Allow a good 20 days before contacting the seller and asking for the date and service of shipping. Also ask for the delivery confirmation number.

The last is NOT useful or important to buyers, it just confuses the issue, but it does make the seller pay attention, because it is useful and important to sellers.

If the item still has not arrived after 30 days, open an Item Not Received Dispute. Paypal will refund you and go after the seller for their money.

But likely the item will arrive sometime this coming week.If you need something by a specific date your best bet is to pick it up locally. If you must order it in, allow lots and lots of time for arrival.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

HOW MUCH LONGER?

Five days for an international package is far too soon to be concerned. I'm in California and have had items sometimes take more than a week or more within the US. Of course that depends on which shipping method was used. The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) gives sellers 30 days to get an item to the purchaser.

Not only did we have a holiday in which the Post Office was closed, it is possible that where your seller lives, there may not be Saturday deliver so that would mean nothing moved Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

When you get your item, please do not mention shipping time in feedback nor ding the seller's stars. It would be unfair since the purchase was done near a holiday weekend. 

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply