HOW TO CHANGE CURRENCY TO CANADAIN WHEN RELISTING IN BULK?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mcrlmn
Community Member

It can't be done. Great eh?

Apparently, there will be a solution in May.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Until the listing tool arrives, and because I suspect it will be buggy when it does, might I suggest that you start changing your listings one at a time, a few a day, every day until June?

With over 300 listings, that would be five or six a day. Not too onerous. Mostly annoying.

I notice that with your bulky items, you have chosen to stay with eBaydotCA and have the use of the Calculated Shipping tool. Wise move.

I'll be moving a lot of my listings to dotCOM, because I can use fixed cost Light Packet/Letter Post shipping and my items are cheap enough that I can use Cookie Jar (self) insurance, rather than tracking.

When I do this, I add a note giving me the site and date of the listing. These notes are not visible to buyers. I suspect this will also be useful in the near future.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I've started changing my listings from US dollars over to Canadian dollars in the last few days.  I have over 800 listings so it is taking awhile.  Would have been great to be able to change all the listings in bulk.  I am also changing all the US prices to the equivilent exchange rate CD prices. It is a big waste of my time. Sales have not improved either.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

A more thorough reading of the timeline for the switch, shows that GTC listings will be grandfathered until August.

So there is less pressure than it seems at first glance.

Personally, I am only switching to dotCOM (where I have been selling since 2001 adding dotCA when eBay brought in the stupid media shipping cap) for items that can be shipped by LetterPost/Light Packet as Flat Rate or Free Shipping.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply