Harper gang helps fellow gang member after scam discovered

OTTAWA — The Prime Minister's Office was dragged into the Senate housing allowance scandal Wednesday with the stunning development Stephen Harper's right-hand man cut a $90,000 cheque to help Sen. Mike Duffy.

A spokesman for the prime minister confirmed that Nigel Wright, Harper's chief of staff, wrote a cheque from his personal account to help his friend repay inappropriately claimed housing benefits.

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/05/15/mike-duffy-given-90k-by-nigel-wright-to-pay-back-housing-expenses-...

Photobucket
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Harper gang helps fellow gang member after scam discovered

He claims to be the government of accountability.

That includes answering the questions of reporters.

You might call this the flagship - the cornerstone - of the Harper government

They sold Canadians on transparency and accountability - and became a government that is vastly more secretive and concerned with controlling the message than any other government we have known in our lifetimes.

Harper started in 2006 by drastically curtailing press exposure in Ottawa right from day one and has reduced accountability and transparency henceforth right on though to running off to hide in Peru.

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

They sold Canadians on transparency and accountability - and became a government that is vastly more secretive and concerned with controlling the message than any other government we have known in our lifetimes.

Dictators always come to the people first as .....saviours.

Photobucket
Message 62 of 64
latest reply

valve37
Community Member

Let's see now, there are 104
pictures, most of them smiling and I do not wonder why. Brazeau's annual salary
is $132,000 - so nearly $14M/ per year, just in salaries, for life, and they
still need to cheat on their expenses. What a crowd. The people that selected
them for this giveaway and don't monitor their transgressions should be
punished, too.
Click on the link below
and after it opens, run you cursor over any pic to see how much they spend on
traveling and living allowance while in Ottawa. Scroll down beneath all the
pictures to get individual "data".
Don't pass out when you see the
numbers.......

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/02/15/senate_finance_data.html

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 63 of 64
latest reply