Have you been a victim of fraud with ebay sellers.

I have been a victim of fraud with an ebay seller item.

To make matters even worse I have received apsolutely no hep from either ebay or paypal in retrieving my refund.

They are condoning this as my responsibility even though I bought an item that was listed as an original true item

and found out later from psa that is a fake.

I would like some imput from other ebay users on this.

Thankyou

George parsons

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

"I would like some imput from other ebay users on this."

You are a very experienced user of eBay - fifteen years on the site -, both as a buyer and seller.

" this as my responsibility... "

???

Why exactly did eBay state it was your responsibility?  Were you late in filing a claim?  What is the nature and value of the problem?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I contacted ebay 31 days after I purchased the item.I had only found out then from a local store that my item did not seem real.Up until then I trusted the seller.I emailed him to no avail.He said he would not refund me my money.

Ebay informed me that they needed proof .

I explained to them that the only way to prove this was to send the item to psa to get it graded.

It takes over 30 days to send and receive items from psa.

They noted this and told me to open a dispute with paypal for a refund.I talked to a paypal rep and he said he needed a document from psa for my records.

I then sent the coin to psa .I have since received my item back from psa stating that in fact the item is a fake.

I have faxed all this information to paypal and have emailed ebay with the same information.

Their response is that time has run out.I appealed this decision with no help from them whatsoever.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

EBay doesn't get involved in 'he said, she said"

If you had returned the coin, with confirmation of delivery, then if the seller did not refund you, PP would, and go after the seller for their money.

No arguements about authenticity.

Neither of you could leave feedback.

You have your money back (less the cost of the return postage). The seller has his coin back (less his listing costs and the original postage).

Doesn't matter who is 'right'.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Your credit card won't get involved with the 'he said, she said' either.

But you can still do a chargeback for the coin, if their deadline hasn't passed.

Go to the 1-800 number on the card and phone the customer service rep. Ask about a chargeback.

Don't go into great detail about authenticity. The clerk doesn't care.

She needs date of purchase, payment, currency, transaction number. She will probably also need to have proof of shipping to the seller and possibly proof of delivery.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I have given up hope of reteiving my money.Incidentally my total cost so far is:

$610.00 us for the coin.

$75.00 shippijng,insurance and grading fees.

Total cost well over $900.00 Canadian.

I would like your opinions on this seller.Check the following item numbers and let me know what you think.

The first one is the coin I bid on.....221586244334.Look at the description for Nov.2014.

The second one .....221679288838.This is the same guy selling this week.

Ebay sees nothing wrong here.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Have you tried a chargeback on the credit card you back your Paypal account with?

Cards have deadlines too, so act immediately if you have not already phoned.

Sellers are annoyed that eBay will find in favour of refunding the buyer very easily, if the item is returned and Proof of Delivery is shown. Although eBay is not supposed to do this for 'buyer remorse' or for items that have been used (even washing newly purchased second hand clothing is supposed to block return), this seems mostly to be ignored in the trenches.

So.

You did not return the item within the 45+20 day period of the Dispute process with Proof of Delivery. In this case Signature Required would have been even better.

Instead you followed the suggestion that you get the item certified at your own expense and with the delay that entailed.

In other words, you didn't follow eBay's process for refunding unhappy buyers.

Go to the credit card for a chargeback.

And if you can't, learn from this mistake and back all your Paypal purchases with a credit card, not a bank or PP balance.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

No luck with the credit card.

I was hoping that this concern would generate more interest than I have seen.

Are there not more people out their that this matter disturbs them also.!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

It's a tough situation you are in.  I'm sorry to read about your issue.  I have been scammed on eBay in the past for a lot of money as well and eBay didn't come through for me. 

Did you contact the trust and safety department at eBay?  they seem to have very strict rules about counterfeit items, even though the 45 days have passed, they can still suspend the seller or bane them from selling on eBay.

I would contact the credit card company and demand a charge back, you do have proof that it is fake after all.  You might have to report the seller to the authorities.  Contact the seller and inform them that if they don't give you the money back that you would report them to the local authorities.

I don't know what else to tell you,  it is a tough situation but you shouldn't give up.

Good luck

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@newfiegeorge wrote:

I have given up hope of reteiving my money.Incidentally my total cost so far is:

$610.00 us for the coin.

$75.00 shippijng,insurance and grading fees.

Total cost well over $900.00 Canadian.

I would like your opinions on this seller.Check the following item numbers and let me know what you think.

The first one is the coin I bid on.....221586244334.Look at the description for Nov.2014.

The second one .....221679288838.This is the same guy selling this week.

Ebay sees nothing wrong here.

Sorry you have given-up hope. Advice for the future: If you find yourself in this situation again, pay with a credit card and if the item is counterfeit contact your credit card disputes department and use the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (RCMP) to obtain a counterfeit product confirmation which the credit card company will accept as proof for a chargeback. (Note: Do not mail counterfeit products in Canada, as it is illegal with stiff penalties).

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

If you cannot file a chargeback with your credit card issuer (most likely because payment was not made from a credit card), it will cost you $100 to file a claim in Small Claims Court in Newfoundland and Labrador:

http://www.court.nl.ca/provincial/courts/smallclaims/faq.html#5

That $100 will be repaid by the Quebec based seller if the judge finds in your favour.

From your posts above, it seems to be the best avenue left to you to recover your money.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I just checked back on this guys site and to my amazement he is still selling fake cards.

Not only that but he has received a negative feedback for selling a fake Bobby Orr rookie.

Also ebay has refunded the buyer..............

Now my question is....... how did the buyer convince ebay that his card was a fake.

I could not convince them with a letter from psa stating that my coin was a fake.

Have I missed something here.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Trying to understand how eBay decides how to handle some transactions is a waste of time as they never share that confidential information to protect users privacy (including the "bad guys")

Get your money back.  That should be your priority.

Go to court.  It is worth it.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

how did the buyer convince ebay that his card was a fake.

The buyer followed the eBay system. You didn't.

He complained within 45 days.You didn't.

He returned the card with tracking. You didn't.

Go to the Small Claims Court.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply