Have you been unable to purchase because the vendor will not ship to Ontario?

For 3 to 4 years now I have been aware that many vendors will not ship to Ontario. Recently I have been living in Europe, and have found that a huge number of vendors have received negative feedback from purchasers because of the ridiculous amount of time it takes to receive their item. Many retailers have just refused to ship to Ontario because of this. I now believe that Ontario is the only place on earth that has been blackballed like this.  Can the customs authority be so totally inefficient that the rest of the world is shunning the province?  Maybe the provincial authorities are getting too much money from customs? Are they ignoring the rules of the marketplace. Being an ebay member living permanently in Ontario, I am seriously offended that European countries hold such a poor view of my province. It would take years to overcome this very negative attitude.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Have you been unable to purchase because the vendor will not ship to Ontario?

Hello 'ruemaitrealbert',

Are you sure these sellers are singling out Ontario, the province?  Or could they simply

have decided not to sell to Canada as a whole?

Are you saying these same sellers would decline to sell to you in Ontario but would be

willing to sell to me in BC?  I've never before heard of anyone in Ontario being unable to buy

because that province alone is shunned.

If someone has told it to you like that, however, it may be that the speaker does not know the

difference between Ontario the province, and Canada the country - in which Ontario is one part.

I find many peoples to be surprisingly ignorant of world geography.  Thus it may be that some

sellers simply decline to ship to Canada.

If you want to find an abundance of sellers who are willing to ship to Canada, my suggestion is

to always shop on www.ebay.ca.  You can choose Worldwide from the Location option on the left,

but if it appears on ebay Canada, even if there is no shipping fee, a peek at the listing will invariably

reveal a willingness to ship here. 

But I agree that some sellers choose not to ship to certain countries for a variety of reasons, and

receiving too many negs from impatient buyers is one of them.  For instance the seller of this item

will ship it anywhere in the world except the US:  380597064429,  for the very reason you have

mentioned.  Sad, but too many American buyers seem to think an international order should arrive

in minutes.

Oh well.  All the more items for us!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 2
latest reply