Haven't received an item

vkat5453
Community Member

i haven;t received my item i paid for the seller in december and i am contacting the seller and he is telling me to wait now i got fed up what can i do  now

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Haven't received an item

What can you do now?  Nothing, not if you bought it in December.

If you paid with a credit card there is a scintilla of a chance you may be able to call the 1-800 number

on the back of the card and ask to do a chargeback.  If this is an option, have all the transaction details

in front of you when you place the call.

I just know where you bought your item.   Have a look through these message boards, - yours is a

common query.  You are new and do not know how the system works. 

So for future information, have a read through the following link.  It explains what to do when an item

does not arrive.  You must file a claim in the Resolution Center within 45 days. 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

And never close a claim until you have either your item or your money.  Do not be delayed with promises

of a refund or a replacement. 

It's an old song, sorry to have to say.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Haven't received an item

I have the same issue, seller promise to resend by "Fast mail", but they never do, now 2 months passed, we can't open a case with ebay or pay pal (has to be within 45 days), only thing we can do is through our credit card company and hope for a charge back. That is what I'm doing right now, don't know how long it will take, but still we've paid for and should have the item sent. Next time, we should ask for refund after the promised shipping time, usually within 30 days max, if you don't see your item, request a refund, if seller don't response, open a case, don't let them fool you by saying resend your item. I learned!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Haven't received an item

@dmil8030 wrote:

I just know where you bought your item.   Have a look through these message boards, - yours is a

You are probably correct, but I can almost guarantee you that I have purchased more items from that same place than all the complaints on this forum combined (for INR)  for the past 2 years, and they have all arrived. 

People complain when they don't get their item. They don't come here to say 'hey, I bought my item and everything went smoothly' 

When you are buying online be aware of the rules, and the seller, but don't be afraid. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Haven't received an item

froogal_elecronic wrote:

<<When ... buying online be aware of the rules, and the seller, but don't be afraid. >>

Absolutely!  Smiley Happy  And I have noticed that you seem to have pretty good luck with that place.

Same for a couple other semi-regulars here.  I too, have bought from there and had the item show up

without a problem.  The items I bought have all been very poor quality, but commensurate with the price

I paid, so I'm not complaining.  And I'm always willing to wait for it to arrive, - which almost always takes far

more than a month.

My point, and what I endeavour to explain to newbies is that they need to know how the system works.

There is no disputing that new users with low feedback are at risk from a disproportionate number of sellers

from that one country who continue to lie and steal from the vulnerable.

In any other context that would be a crime.

I maintain that people need to know how the system works, - if they have no item and no money by day 43

they need to start a claim, which gives them a further 21 days to conclude it.  I urge people to ignore promises

about replacements and refunds because these are so rarely forthcoming.

I am not the only user here to reinforce this position, and a few others here continue to state this in even

more strongly worded language than I use.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Haven't received an item

@froogal_electronic_parts_and_overstock wrote:

@dmil8030 wrote:

You are probably correct, but I can almost guarantee you that I have purchased more items from that same place than all the complaints on this forum combined (for INR)  for the past 2 years, and they have all arrived. 

People complain when they don't get their item. They don't come here to say 'hey, I bought my item and everything went smoothly' 

When you are buying online be aware of the rules, and the seller, but don't be afraid. 

I agree that buyers do need to be aware of the rules and be aware of the type of feedback that their seller has received. And yes...buyers do come to the boards to complain, not to rave about a great transaction. But it does seem to be more common for sellers from a specific part of the world to try to lead a buyer on until after the claim period has passed. I have rarely heard stories about North American sellers doing the same thing. But there are good and bad sellers from every part of the world.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply