Haven't received many items, coincidence?

So I usually buy items from china and they arrive about 2-3 weeks later. However, recently, out of the 5 items I bought only one has arrived. I never had this problem before.

The weird thing is that I bought a router from a seller in an earlier purchase and it arrived in two weeks! Now, It has been more than two months since I purchased the exact same item from the same seller. He said he sent me another one after the first month of not receiving it but I here I am two months in and no router.

I also bought these three mouses around the 24th of september:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/390606092881?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/350848256676?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/350837289412?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and one of the seller contacted me saying the mouse was refused by customs?!? He quickly sent it again but it didn't arrive(yet, I hope).

The only item that arrived was:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/171012072916?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It is the one I bought last (shipped on 24/10/2013) and it arrived barely two weeks later (12/11/2013).

This is either a pretty big coincidence or something is going on. What can I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

and one of the seller contacted me saying the mouse was refused by customs

This seems to be a new scam. File an Item Not Recieved Dispute and don't agree to a replacement. It won't arrive either. And don't close the dispute until you have your refund.

Same with all the others. Allow 30 days and ONE email asking for a Confirmation of Delivery number (there won't be one) then file the Disputes.

The basic problem is in your statement:  So I usually buy items from china

The items that are made for Western manufacturers are made under license and are inspected by the brands before being released to the market.

The Chinese made stuff being sold directly to consumers is off-brand, counterfeit, incorrectly described, or non-existant. You get what you pay for, and sometimes not even that.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Actually, I just realized that CBSA may refuse entry to some items. If an item that requires safety certification does not display the ULC/UL or CSA labels, or if the label is counterfeit, the item may be refused on safety grounds.

Go for a refund.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I am having the same problem, and all I'm ordering is beads. I use to get parcels from china in 2 weeks, now it's well over a month if at all. I have had to get half of my items resent. All of this started the same time Hong Kong post made some changes. I just found the message that ebay has put out for that. Here it is......

Recently the Hong Kong Post announced that all items posted by air are now subject to x-ray screening for regulated materials. This additional screening    may cause delayed shipment due to no fault of the seller, so if you purchased an item from a seller in Hong Kong, please allow extra time for delivery - at    least a week more than the seller’s stated delivery time.

Also note that items containing the regulated materials are being returned directly to sellers and not delivered to the buyer. These items may include:

· Items with lithium batteries such as video cameras, walkie talkies/2-way radios, GPS devices, radio-controlled toys, Bluetooth headsets,    smartphones/mobiles, laptop computers, shavers, power drills, tablets and portable DVD players

· Liquid beauty products, including fragrances, colognes, lotions, and toner

· Items with “eliquids” such as electronic cigarettes and lighters

If you don’t receive your item after waiting the additional week, please contact your seller. If your item was returned to the seller, you should receive a    refund. If you encounter any issue with a refund, you can file a case.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,    
    The eBay team

The sad thing is, I'm just ordering beads and I can't even get half my orders. This sucks for both sides 😞

Message 4 of 4
latest reply