Havent gotten items I paid for and now the buyer does not have account

I bought nail polish back in december and I STILL have not gotten my stuff in the mail, I have been waiting forever so I figure it is not coming, so I checked, and the user I bought it from doesnt have an account anymore! I want my money back, I feel cheated. I spent about $30 on it, I feel like I just flushed it down the toilet.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm sorry to hear you have had this experience. Please be assused it is not the normal course business at ebay.ca.

If there is a problem like yours (Item Not Received) within the first 30 says if purchase, you are covered by the Money Back Guarantee on ebay. 

After that, for a period of time up to and including 180 days, paypal has got your back. Assuming you used paypal to fun this purchase, there will be record of it in your account activity. Find it and go to the Paypal Resolution Centre. Open an Item Not Received case and escalate it asap. Mention in the notes that the SELLER is No Longer Registered on ebay and this should expedite the return of your funds.

Good luck as you carry forward.

For future reference, here is a Buyer's Guide to ebay that you might find helpful It is at http://www.ebay.ca/gds/10-Steps-to-Hassle-Free-Buying-on-eBay-/10000000204740571/g.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'tianna711', 

<< I bought nail polish back in december and I STILL have not gotten my stuff . . . the user I bought it from doesnt have an account anymore! >>

When you buy on ebay you have 30 days from the last estimated date of delivery in which to start a claim.  So if the final promised date of delivery comes and no item, you have 30 days after that to open a claim on ebay.  The following link explains about how it works:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#notreceived

In your case it is probably too late for the ebay claim, but fear not, -- as Paypal gives you 180 days (nearly 6 months) from when you paid to file a paypal "Item not received" claim.  See section 13.5 of this link here, where there is a Resolution Center link you can use:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

In your claim, be sure to mention that the seller has become "Not a Registered User", as this will speed up your refund.  

And of course, if none of this is of any help for you and you paid with a credit card, you can call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and inquire about a chargeback.  Be sure to have all the transaction details (receipts, statement, etc) in front of you when you call, -- and again, explain that the seller is no longer a registered user.

If you have not already done so start an appropriate claim now and get back that $30.  You will get your money back, -- ebay and paypal are faster than credit card chargebacks, but take action now and don't lose out.

In future, choose your sellers very carefully, check their feedback to see how long they have been selling and how reliable others feel they are.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
latest reply