Health Canada Admits Rats are not Human.

For the first time since the 1970s, Canadians are about to taste the sweetness of saccharin.

After years of discussion, Health Canada quietly decided last month to permit the sweetener in gum, pop and other non-alcoholic beverages, frozen desserts, alcoholic liqueurs, fruit spreads and other products. The news comes amid growing concern over the serious health risks of consuming too much sugar, including heart disease, stroke and premature death.

---

Saccharin, like aspartame, sucralose and acesulfame potassium, is an artificial sweetener. It’s been around since the 1800s and became a popular alternative to sugar throughout the 20th century because it was less expensive and had no calories.

But the perception of saccharin changed after the publication of research suggesting saccharin could cause cancer – specifically, studies found it increased the incidence of bladder cancer in rats. Major restrictions on the sale and use of saccharin followed.

Since then, more studies have been done that question the link between saccharin and cancer. The studies have shown that the mechanism that causes bladder cancer in rats isn’t applicable to humans.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sure hope tastes better then saccharin man that was awfullll in my coffee.....
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I am type 2 diabetic and still use sugar in my coffee.

I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners in my coffee and would rather do without than use  that stuff.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"still use sugar in my coffee."

How is your blood sugar count every morning?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The rule should be "try black and you will never go back". Works for me while I munch on a boston cream donut from Timmies. Well I have to justify the boston cream somehow.Smiley Wink

A Prayer:
Bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for. Show them a new revelation of love and power. Where there is pain, give them peace and mercy. Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence. Where there is need, I ask their needs to be fulfilled. Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings. Amen
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

My blood sugar is very good Pierre.

Thank you for asking..

Diabetics have to more concerned about the quantity of sugar that we eat more than anything else.

I am allowed drink regular pop but have to cut back on other sugars.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If I can't pronounce what I am digesting, then I don't digest it. 

I take natural brown sugar in my coffee and most of the rats I know prefer it as well. 

Photobucket
Message 7 of 7
latest reply