Hello

I usually frequent the ebay.com boards, but they're having "issues" as noted by another poster.  This forum seems to be populated with Torontonians??  Anyway, just thought I'd say a friendly "hi" from Vancouver Island. 

PS:  I love Rob Ford -- he makes our BC politicians look schmart, LOL!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Hello

The board has had people from all over Canada, coast to coast. If I was to guess where people who have participated come from it would be Ontario 1st, Alberta 2nd, then BC.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Hello

Vancouver Island - you lucky devil.

My grandparents lived in Victoria.

My Dad was born in Victoria and I still have lots of relatives there.

As a kid, I spent many of my summers with the grandparents and my cousins.

We used to swim in the Gorge - never knew how poluted it was.

Dove off the Gorge Rd. bridge but only at high tide.

Vacationed in Parksville from the time I was a little kid until a few years ago.

When I was a teen, we would bike across to long beach and camp on the hard sand. 

Altogether a great place!!!!

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Hello

I am a Victorian, and have been most of my life.  Glad to know there are/have been posters from other parts of the country -- there are lots of Canucks on the ebay.com boards.

Is the "discussion" mostly political, or are other topics discussed?  Woman Wink

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Hello

There use to be a lot of discussions of various forms. Then a while back the board changed and people left because of some of the changes. Others left because the auction house changed. Yet others left because.......well people move on in life. Finally some left for the wonderful world of FacePlant. There are fewer here these days, but we still talk and you can bring up any discussion you like (abiding by the rules from the mountain of course). Politics seems to be a never ending discussion past and present. But that's not just in here, it's a passionate subject everywhere.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Hello

So, who buys/sells/collects here and what sorts of things?

If you like to talk politics, how about BC's recent election:  the NDP were a shoo--in, but lost it anyway.  Christy Clark, the re-inventor of the Liberal party in her own name, won the election, but lost her own riding.  Now, some Liberal nobody has stepped aside so that she can run in his safe riding and win and be able to sit in the legislature again since she is the premier.  Some of us hope that she loses!

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Hello

"Some of us hope that she loses!"

Why?

What would a loss in a by-election mean?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Hello

This forum seems to be populated with Torontonians?? 

I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that more people live in Toronto than on Vancouver Island Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Hello

Even though she's Premier, she needs to be elected in a riding in order to have a seat in the legislature.  So if she loses the by-election, she will still not be able to sit in the legislature.  Some of us aren't that keen on her and her party...

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Hello

more people live in Toronto than on Vancouver Island

But of course!  And that's the way we want to keep it, LOL!

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Hello

Hello from Australia - our boards are down as well.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Hello

Hello to our friends from Oz!  One thing that this change-over has accomplished is to bring some new people to this board -- you can tell I am addicted to ebay boards, 'cause I have to have somewhere to write and connect!  Who knows, some of us may continue to pop in after the ebay.com and other boards are up and running again.  Woman Very Happy

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Hello

Hello, I am from Australia too.......nice to meet you,Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Hello

@purple_haize wrote:

Hello, I am from Australia too.......nice to meet you,Smiley Happy

Woman Happy  Welcome!

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Hello

hiya i am posting from australia.

what is strange is that our best and only real troll has not posted yet here.

or did anyone see crystal_flake here?

i already miss her silly threads errhhh...uuhhhmmm that IS a sign that the board made me mad? no? mmmhh maybe just my brain melted.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Hello

i even made a canadian ID for better integration (not this one here i think) Woman Happy

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Hello

So, what's it like in Australia? Do you have many kangaroos loose in your back paddocks?
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Hello

How do you get the Kangaroos to stand still at milking time?

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Hello

I think they stand on their tails. 😉
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hello

Hello. Is there anyone here? This palce is so quiet you could **bleep** a mute with a pin and hear him scream from miles away.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply