Help! Scammed and PayPal isn't listening!!

Hi All I purchased the following item from a seller on eBay out of the USA

NEW Nordic Pure 20x25x5 Honeywell AC Furnace Air Filters MERV 12 Box of 2

I purchased 2 of these items. The seller purchased the item from amazon (reseller) and then shipped it to ebay GSP in my name (From the USA). eBay then shipped it to me and I received it, however I only received one. Contacted seller. Seller blames on GSP and claims that he shipped 2.

This is where I caught him: Weight of ONE item is 7.10 lbs. sellers UPS tracking weight is 7.10 pounds. If the seller had purchased 2 then it would have been double that weight. Filed claim with PP, on advice of previous posts on eBay forums I filed it as item not described. In addition when I received the first box of filters I put them to use in my furnace immediately.

While paypal decided my favor they are not listening to the actual problem of item not received and are wantig me to ship these filters back to the seller, who's return address of in ISRAEL!! Few problems with this:

1: one of the filters is now used

2: cost to ship the filters to Israel would be at least double of what I paid for the item itself

3. Even if I do ship them back then the seller will claim that I only shipped back 1/2 items and my claim will probably be denied.

help!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks pjcdn! That was my next step but unfortunately things worked out. As for femme, not so helpful, apparently you didn't understand that 1/2 the item actually was not received.

My faith in paypal and ebay is restored! Just as I was about to give up something finally found the right person and they have refunded the half of the order which I never received.

From multiple emails to these forums (also ebay forums) something finally made enough sense to someone lol! It's convoluted and I can understand how it's a difficult one to process.

What I'm curious about is if a seller only has to provide tracking what is to prove what actually was shipped?!

Anyways thanks PayPal for your help with this. I hope you keep a close eye on him in the future.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Actually the reason the claim would fail is that the item was used and not in its original condition.

I'm confused by the purchase.

When we had a forced air furnace, we just bought the filters at the hardware store.

If the furnace needs something special, wouldn't the supplier/installer be able to sell you new ones? From a business point of view, this would be a useful add-on sale every year for a decade. (Furnacesonly  last about 10 years. I learned that when I got my diploma in Solid Fuel Heating.)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Have you tried phoning Paypal and explaining it to them that way?

You said that the seller used the GSP system......If they did then perhaps phoning ebay and asking to speak to someone in the GSP department would help.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks pjcdn! That was my next step but unfortunately things worked out. As for femme, not so helpful, apparently you didn't understand that 1/2 the item actually was not received.

My faith in paypal and ebay is restored! Just as I was about to give up something finally found the right person and they have refunded the half of the order which I never received.

From multiple emails to these forums (also ebay forums) something finally made enough sense to someone lol! It's convoluted and I can understand how it's a difficult one to process.

What I'm curious about is if a seller only has to provide tracking what is to prove what actually was shipped?!

Anyways thanks PayPal for your help with this. I hope you keep a close eye on him in the future.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply