Help i Have a item on auction ,it ends in 2days 21 watchers and 3 bids my question is

not sure if i should cancel the auction what i should do???the last bidder put a 2nd bid that didnt register,so if he put in a final bid of 500 dollars will he win it for 13 dollars is where the bid is now???Can someone put a high reserve and if no one out bids him does he win???

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Help i Have a item on auction ,it ends in 2days 21 watchers and 3 bids my question is

the person has put a bid that puts them in the lead, then they added a bid that they fell comfortable to pay.. it is probably a few dollars over there leading bid..or maximum bid .. the only way it gets revealed is if someone under them bids them up.. there is nothing to worry about,, most bidders do it.. if they will not be around for the end of the auction,, the put in a bid that gets them in the lead, then they add a couple of extra bucks to their last offer... to see what happens..

p.s. it will not be 500$,, and even it was,, it would not end there unless there was a bidder under them who bid it up to that amount,, very unlikely..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

thankyou for your respnse i was using 500.00 dollars as an example,its worth that much but if a person put a bid like that would they not win everytime?being most buyers would give up after say a 100 bucks?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

thankyou for your respnse i was using 500.00 dollars as an example,its worth that much but if a person put a bid like that would they not win everytime?being most buyers would give up after say a 100 bucks?

Only if they made their bid high enough -- because it depends on what's up for sale, and how much the other bidders want it.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If the highest bid you get is $500, and the second highest is $12, the item will sell for $13. to the guy who bid $500.

Is that acceptable?

Never start an auction lower than you are willing to sell for. Most auctions get only one bid.

And most bids arrive within hours of closing. So there is interest in your item if you have bids days before the end.

There may even be bidders who have placed higher 'snipe' bids with services who bid in the last seconds of the auction.

Again, if no one else ever bids, would you be content to sell for $13?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply