Help: importing ebay item from Canada to US in order to ship to US address.

searanchelectric
Community Member

Greetings,

Wondering if anyone out there can help with this question. We live close to the Can/US border and periodically buy US auction goods, have them sent to Mailboxes International in WA and then simply drive over the border, pick up the package, declare it on the way back into Canada and are usually not charged.

Now I'd like to sell an item (soccer boots) on ebay and be able to handle the importation into the US so that American bidders can have the item shipped from the US, with no international purchase hassle for them (and better bidding for me).

What happens when I cross the border with my package and tell the border officer that yes, I am bringing something into the US to leave there? What will be the process and what will be the charges?

Anyone out there do this?

Thanks so much,

Randy

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Help: importing ebay item from Canada to US in order to ship to US address.

You can tell the border staff that you are mailing these boots within the U.S. there. All you need is a printed copy of the ebay auction with a photo of the boots (if possible) and the recipit of the buyer's payment (if thru paypal?). Have a box ready with boots and some wrapping, but keep the box opened so the border staff can check inside if neccesary.  In most times... you might not be charged even, but if so ... the cost is very little as cheap.

Once you're cleared to go - then do your thing at the U.S. postal service!

I had done that serveal times with the items I sold on eBay. I bring them with me on my holiday trips at the same time. Buyers in the U.S. loves that without international hassle lol.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply