Community Member
Hi All...especially Bernie,

I have a buyer from Turkey and this is the address given through PayPal:

MEHMET HATUN
TURAN GUNES BLV. NO:28 B:BLOK DAIRE:3
YILDIZ ÇANKAYA ANKARA TÜRKİYE
ANKARA, ANKARA
Turkey

It looks like Ankara is said 3 different times. Does it need to be?

Also...what would this person's first name be? Mehmet or Hatun? I don't want to use the wrong first name when I write an e-mail to them.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Help needed: Turkey Address

bighillbargains1
Community Member
I would not change it, if that's how it's registered on paypal. It does look a bit weird though.

I'm guessing Mehmet is his first name.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I wouldn't change it either.

When I am not sure of the first name I leave it out of the email and just let it be addressed to their user id.

Judy
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I have friends in Turkey and I wouldn't change the address,
Mehmet would be is first name
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Thank you! I will copy and paste the address as is since it has so many different characters within it!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

This is the correct address to print. Yes, Mehmet is the first name. We had lots of Turkish friend when we lived in Germany 🙂

MEHMET HATUN
TURAN GUNES BLV. NO:28 B:BLOK DAIRE:3
YILDIZ ÇANKAYA ANKARA TÜRKİYE
06550 ANKARA
Turkey

Cheers
Bernie
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I almost always cut and paste the address off the PAYPAL payment, my "lost in mail" rate went way down when I started doing that a few years ago. This way I can advise the person that the package was sent to the exact address that was provided on their paypal payment, regardless of what they have included; I often see "default" and stuff in the addresses too, especially from China or Asia, but on they go, just as they are in PAYPAL!
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Just would like to point out - do not address people in non-English cultures by first names, it may be perceived as rude. In this case I would write "Dear MEHMET HATUN" or "Hello MEHMET HATUN".
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Like New York, New York , USA? Or Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom?

Probably. It is not unusual for a city to be in a larger municipal or "provincial" district which shares the same name.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Just would like to point out - do not address people in non-English cultures by first names, it may be perceived as rude. In this case I would write "Dear MEHMET HATUN" or "Hello MEHMET HATUN".

That is a good point dipmicro. Some cultures are more formal or just after different rules.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I'm from Europe..... tell me about the first name thing lol! A continent where the wife of a physician is addressed as "Mrs Doctor".

Femmefan, Ankara needs to be in there 2x. Once it's the region and the 2nd time the city.

Bernie
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member

Like New York, New York , USA? Or Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom?

Probably. It is not unusual for a city to be in a larger municipal or "provincial" district which shares the same name.

The first New York is the city and the second New York is the State. For sure both need to be there!

When I see the word default within a paypal address...I delete it.

However, when names are repeated...then I wonder!

Have a good one!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I'm from Europe..... tell me about the first name thing lol! A continent where the wife of a physician is addressed as "Mrs Doctor".

Femmefan, Ankara needs to be in there 2x. Once it's the region and the 2nd time the city.

Bernie

How about "Mr. Xena"?;-)
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

How about "Mr. Xena"?

Which reminds me about the day when I once picked up an incoming parcel at the local 7-11 for Xena Look and the fellow asked me if I was Xena - some of the brightest bulbs work at that store lol.

Bernie
Message 14 of 14
latest reply