Help please, with removing $0.00 from payment page

Hi everyone, I have a question. Because I am in Canada, (as we all are here) I can't use the USPS automatic shipping rate calculator that some US sellers have. Too bad, but oh well. In every one of my listings, I write the item description first, then an absolutely HUGE font "Shipping" section, all in red (so it can't be missed) right beneath. I put the shipping prices to US first (so it can't be missed by my mainly American buyers).

When someone buys from me and goes to pay, the grey and white sceen comes up that has the item price, then the shipping price. The shipping price always comes up as $0.00, with a note to "please see item description for shipping costs). I have been selling "full time" for 2 years and no problems.

The last 2 weeks I have had about 1/3 of my US customers pay, but not include shipping. I email them back politely and refund the payment through paypal and re-invoice through ebay. Most seem a bit surprised, saying they assumed the shipping was free (which has to be at best only half-true, considering how obvious I made the shipping prices in the listing). Also, about 2/3 of the buyers pay correctly, without needing my help, so I know the information is there.

So anyway, I am having more and more trouble with this. Is there a way that I can remove the $0.00 and puit something else there? It can't be an actual number of shipping, as I have too many shipping options (ex. US surface/US air/ INT surface/ INT air and Canadians).

How does anyone else get around this problem? Thank you so much! TAMMY
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Turn off checkout!!!!

The downside to this is that without a "pay now" button there are a ton of people who can't figure out how to pay you. For these idiots you would have to send an invoice but at least then you can prefill the correct shipping amount.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
If you use Ebay's shipping spot you can have 6 different amounts, 3 for the site its listed on plus 3 internationally so most choices can be filled in. Assuming we get access to express at some point almost everyone is going to be specifying shipping there, and buyers sare going to be further trained to expect it.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

funkywatch_com
Community Member
If you are listing on .com, the US shipping is considered "Domestic" while shipping to Canada becomes "International"

I've been doing it this way for over a year and it works fine, only had to answer a few (very few) questions from some canadian buyers, but this goes smoothly for me 99.9% of the time.

eric
Message 4 of 4
latest reply