Help with a bad seller!!!

comics-rock
Community Member
Hi, got a problem with a buyer, item # 200090052730.

Says he didn't buy this item and someone fraudulently used his account, but only to try and buy this one item. It's obvious from his emails he's lying and I told him I don't believe him as he has bought similar items in the past off other sellers.

I told him if he got confirmation off ebay and that ebay would refund both my listing and final value fee I would be happy. His reply. "I informed them of the problem that you want a confirmation, so it's up to them now to send it to you. J2".

He's saying his breach of security is my problem. How can I get my money back without receiving poor feedback? If I hit him with a payment not received, whats to stop him from hitting me with neg on my 100% positive feedback.

Thanks for any help, Paul.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

comics-rock
Community Member
Sorry, meant 'help with a bad BUYER'....thanks!
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
If I hit him with a payment not received, whats to stop him from hitting me with neg on my 100% positive feedback.

Absolutely nothing.

You went about this wrong from the start. Never call the buyer on their lie about purchasing. It will NOT GET YOU ANYWHERE but where you are now.

Is he lying? Yes. Is having called him on it doing you any good? No.

If you wanted your fees back you should have offered to mutually cancel the purchase in the beginning. You have already established a hostile relationship now so it is unlikely that you will be able to get your buyer to cooperate with a mutual withdrawl.

So now you have two choices:

1. Call it a learning experience and swallow the fees, or

2. File for your FVF and take the chance that he will leave you a neg.
Monique

Himalayan Salt Lamps - A Guide to Purchasing

Monique

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
The feedback system is in place to praise good Ebayers and punish poor Ebayers. File for your final value fees, so that he gets a non paying bidder strike, and leave him the nastiest negative feedback comment you want. Have no worries about one negative comment on your profile, no one with any Ebay experience will care about one neg in a sea of positives. Furthermore, by leaving this person a negative feedback, you show the rest of the Ebay community what will happen to their profile if they stiff you. 100% positive feedback is more hassle to maintain, than it is worth. Unless you enjoy being stiffed and ripped off. Some people specifically target 100% feedback sellers, because they know they can use that to blackmail you. They know you will let them away with it, because you don't want a negative comment. When I see a feedback profile with say 3 or 4 negative comments and 400 positive ones, I read that as a terrific seller, who has met up with 3 or 4 dummies.

PHIL
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
And learn too that eBay does NOT refund listing fees. They only refund Final Value Fees if you file the appropriate reports with them. Me personally, I wouldn't go with the mutual thing.

If I know someone is playing games, I don't offer the mutual cancellation. I give them the UPI (Unpaid Item) strike they so richly deserve.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Normally I would agree with the 100% doesn't matter attitude. I've posted that OFTEN on this forum and I've walked the walk.

Problem is...OP only has a 153 rating at the present time. If there is ever a time to protect your FB from a totally unnecessary FB, it is before you've reached the point where it will drop you below 99%.

Personally, I would let it go and chalk it up to experience.

JMHO
Monique

Monique

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

comics-rock
Community Member
Thanks for the advice. Goona go with the unpiad stirke and get my final value fee back. Not gonna bother with feedback unless he does. Thanks. (Until next time)
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

comics-rock
Community Member
Wow, the guy just invited me down to New York and offered to put me in a body bag. Go figure!
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Hey now!! There's a threat that eBay WILL do something about. Report it. IMMEDIATELY!!!

I've been dealing with threats from the nasty Russian dude that was on here before.

Don't let this person get away with this! X-( People like that need to be stopped.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Absolutely report it. eBay will not tolerate that type of threat. If it was sent via e-mail you should report it to his ISP too.
Monique

Monique

Message 10 of 10
latest reply