Here's a real scam, from China.

How do you get free samples from Canada?

Well, the dude started by buying 5 items all at once saying it's for sample testing and will buy lot more (red flag), provide an address that's so long it won't print by paypal shipping, politely stating that the items was never received in the 20th, 30th, and 40th day (just before the 45th day limit) and finally asking for a refund; does not want a 2nd shipment and said refund first and buy again later (sure). I just had to refund or risk 5 negative feedbacks and having to refund anyway (no tracking).

I was going to ship as a small air parcel with a stated $100 value to get protection, but since paypal and canada post site won't print with such a long address, i got busy and ended up putting stamps on it and does not remember if i did or did not ship small parcel with the stated value.

I am still licking my wounds and reflecting on my indecisiveness (should have refunded on the 1st day and not ship) 😞

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

And, of course, the 'samples' will be used to duplicate your products and undercut your pricing.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm sorry that you had this problem. 😞

Just so you know for the future, you can edit the address and put part of it on a second line so that it does print in paypal.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You may as well PHONE Canada Post and ask the nice ladies about the Small Packet International insurance.

If they say no, you will be no worse off. And they might say yes.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply